About the Blog:
The Beauty Sample is a beauty blog created in December of 2011. It offers readers “samples” (aka: reviews) of all their favorite products without having to leave the comfort of their own home! And everyone loves samples…right?!
My name is Becca and I’m a beauty blogger/student living it up in beautiful So-Cal. I’ve always had an obsession with anything beauty-related, so I started The Beauty Sample as a way for me to channel that obsession into something productive! Plus, it means that I can go shopping and play with makeup all the time and call it “research” for the blog! I pride myself on offering very detailed and thorough reviews on a product.
I wouldn’t call myself an expert or pro, nor am I particularly good at doing makeup (a common assumption when I tell people about the blog). I just have a lot of really random information rattling around in my brain about the makeup and skincare products that are currently lining your sinks and in your makeup bags! In my opinion, makeup is supposed to be fun, skincare is more important than any makeup you will ever find, true beauty comes from within….and all that other good stuff! Here are a few facts to help you get to know me better:
1. I live in San Diego and absolutely love it
2. I have a Maltese named Lady. She’s the absolute love of my life and never fails to put a smile on my face. She’s got a huge personality…
and belly —> not anymore! She went on a diet in Fall of 2013 and has lost 2 1/2 pounds! So proud of my baby!
3. A few of my all-time favorite makeup brands are: Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown, Make Up For Ever, Chanel, Dior, Hourglass, Guerlain, Burberry, Jouer and Laura Mercier. Favorite skincare brands are Caudalie, TATCHA, May Lindstrom, Osmia Organics, and Pure+Simple
4. A few of my staples are: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes liners and Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Shadow (for tightlining. Stuff does not budge!) , MAC Prep & Prime Translucent Setting Powder, Jack Black lip balm, blotting papers, Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and S.O.S serum, and CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara
5. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I have a light-medium complexion with warm, yellow undertones. Now here’s the part where most people will say what foundation number they are in the MAC system. I believe I am about NC25-ish–maybe just a hair darker at the moment–but I don’t know for sure as I’ve never tried MAC’s base products. I do know that I am a Beige in Bobbi Brown, Fiji in Nars Sheer Matte, usually 250 Bisque W in Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra, and 5.5 in Giorgio Armani’s Maestro Foundation and Luminous Silk foundation (though 5.5 is just a bit too peachy for my liking, it’s the closest match)
6. I do try to change it up but I tend to habitually purchase eyeshadows in shades of olive/khaki, purple, taupe (and especially purply-taupes), and brown. Same goes for blush, except I tend to stick with warm pinks, peaches and corals. With lip color, I love pinky-nudes and mauvy-pinks but also am quite partial to, again, warm pinks, peaches, and corals. Oh and I only wear sheer lip products–it’s kind of my thing.
7. What I’m listening to: Electric Light Orchestra, Jethro Tull, The Ataris, Fleetwood Mac, Goldfrapp, Led Zeppelin, Depeche Mode, The Black Keys, Empire of the Sun, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Feist, Pink Floyd, Florence + The Machines, Morrissey, The Smiths, Iron Maiden, Lana Del Rey, Wu-Tang Clan, Frank Ocean, Elton John, The Doors
8. A few things on my current beauty wishlist (updated often!): Chanel Illusion D’ombres in Utopia, Mirage, and New Moon; Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Blossom, Earthy, and Tangerine; Kai Perfume Oil; and pretty much ALL of Giorgio Armani’s new Cheek Fabric blushes!!!
9. Beauty brands that I’m dying to try: Addiction, Suqqu, Lunasol, RMK, Dolce and Gabbana, Marcelle/Annabelle Cosmetics, and Lise Watier
10. I have a ravenous appetite for books! I’m currently reading: White Oleander by Janet Fitch (as of June 17, 2014)