Currently Wearing…

11 Jun

Just a quick filler post from me today–I wanted to say “hi” to you guys and also show you a quick pic of my current mani! I just did this the other night using Essie’s new for Summer 2013 Rock the Boat. Please don’t mind the messed up accent nail (done using Essie’s Set in Stones)–I was doing a rush-job with it and instead of a glitter gradient, I ended up with a glitter splotch :P Ah well…

Rock the Boat is very similar to Essie’s Bikini So Teeny except it’s not quite as bright and has a very subtle grey undertone to it. What you also don’t see is the tiny glass-fleck shimmers in the bottle. It’s subtle on the nail but still beautiful! For true color accuracy, refer to the color of the product in the bottle instead of on my nails (which, I think, appeared much brighter and more similar to Bikini So Teeny because of the 3 coats I applied and the blue sky background in the picture. Apologies!). You guys know I am obsessed with blue polishes and always look to Essie because they make such great ones! I am very happy with this polish–it’s stunning and so fun!

Oh, and one more thing before I go: I just updated my last review on Osmia Organics’ Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair to include a 10% discount code for The Beauty Sample readers! Be sure to check that out! (and yes, Tracy, they ship to Canada–I checked. Yaaay! :D)

Hope you all had a great day! Talk to you soon

♥Becca

*Update: I found a picture that was more true to color–here ya go!

PS: Lady says hi, too! :D

–Lady giving me the stink-eye because I won’t stop taking pics of her :P–

30 Responses to “Currently Wearing…”

1. Macy June 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm #

This is a beautiful shade!

• becca June 11, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

Isn’t it?! It makes me so happy to look at my nails right now :P Are there any polishes that you’re currently loving, Macy??

2. Taylor June 11, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

What a dreamy photo. I love this shade! I fell for the shimmers in this collection and I think I might need to pick this one up as well. Lovely <3 oh an omg Osmia Honey Myrrh, Yum!

• becca June 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Oh I love it too–it’s sooo beautiful! I really love the subtle grey tones too–it lends a slightly softer, more sophisticated feel to the nails than Bikini So Teeny, I think. :)

And YES–the Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair is totally love love love!! I know you said you tried a sample and liked it so now’s your chance to grab it at 10% off :D (I’m such an enabler :P haha) Anything else from the brand that has caught your eye, Taylor??

3. Popblush June 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

You have really nicely shaped nails =)
    Lady is soooo cute!

• becca June 12, 2013 at 12:41 am #

Aw thanks sweetie! It takes me FOREVER to shape them though! haha :P

And Lady says thank you! :D

4. svetlana June 11, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

Nice color! I matched that color with chinchilly! But I love what u did waaaaay better!

• becca June 12, 2013 at 12:42 am #

Aw thanks Svetlana! I bet it looks gorgeous with Chinchilly and really brought out the grey tones! I’ll have to try that sometime ;) :D

5. Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty June 11, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

beautiful pastel blue color!! i wish the weather here is as fine as that in your pic!

• becca June 12, 2013 at 12:44 am #

Oh no! How is the weather over there, Jenni? Is it rainy or super, super hot? (or both? :P) Yeah today was actually a really nice day–Lady and I enjoyed a nice afternoon in the sunshine! I’ll tell you, though, I seriously am dreading summer because I feel like it’s going to be a hot one this year!

6. Lily June 12, 2013 at 12:12 am #

HI!!
    I’m currently wearing Dior Spring Ball, but it’s chipped on my left pointer. Have to remove it later :-)

• becca June 12, 2013 at 12:45 am #

Hi Lily!!! :D

Oooh Spring Ball is so pretty–I love the color but I just can’t bring myself to ever splurge for high-end polishes. I’m stingy when it comes to nails and would so rather spend $ on blush or bronzer :P haha

7. Sunny June 12, 2013 at 3:02 am #

LOVE your mani! Lady is such a cutie! I want to ruffle her white fur <3

• becca June 12, 2013 at 3:07 am #

Aw thanks Sunny! I am so in love with this color right now! I always love a good blue polish but the muted touch of grey in this one makes it come alive for me! :D Definitely need to check out the other shades in this collection too!

And Lady says THANK YOU, SUNNY! :P I gave her a little fur-ruffle for you, too ;) haha

8. Icaria June 12, 2013 at 5:52 am #

This is such a lovely color and I so envy your blue sky! Not sure we’ll have that today, it’s been horrible here. And as for Lady, she’s adooorable! I think my Julius would totally fall for her! :)

• becca June 12, 2013 at 6:45 pm #

Oh no, I’m sorry! What’s the weather been like there?? Yeah we lucked out–it’s been pretty nice here! I’m trying to enjoy it while it’s still bearable. Pretty soon it will be scorching hot. I hate hot weather :P

And what kind of dog is Julius?? Aww I wish they could meet!! :D

9. Catherine @ bcrueltyfree June 12, 2013 at 6:15 am #

How pretty! Love love love it against the blue sky. Lady is such a cutie :D

• becca June 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm #

Thanks Catherine! (and Lady says thanks too :P)

This shade is definitely one that you need to check out–I love it! It’s bright enough to be fun and summery but the tinge of grey makes it a lot more wearable and chic somehow, I think :)

10. Tracy@Beauty Reflections June 12, 2013 at 10:49 am #

Ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour! It’s really nice! I love grey blues-so going to look for this one!

• becca June 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm #

I LOVE grey-blues too! I have been drooling over all the polishes that Liz featured in her post of grey-blue polishes!! :D

11. Gummy June 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

Ok, i think you need to do a tutorial on how you achieve such a perfect manicure!! Oh, and I love the color :-)

• becca June 12, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

Haha thanks Gummy! Wanna know the secret to a nice mani? Taking your sweet old time with it! :P I seriously have to go soooo painfully slow when painting my nails otherwise they look like crap :P Each mani (including the time it takes to trim and shape my nails) is probably an hour and a half–no joke! :P haha

12. Amber June 12, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

Love this color on you Becca! I think the accent nail looks great, not a glitter blob! :) Kisses to Lady, what a cute snuggle pup! xo

• becca June 12, 2013 at 6:49 pm #

Aw thanks Amber! LOL you should see the accent nail on my right hand. Then you’d REALLY see that my left hand indeed looks like a blob :P haha!

And Lady says thank you and sends her love! :D

13. Makeup Morsels June 13, 2013 at 5:28 pm #

*waves* love your manicure! Your nails are such a pretty shape.

P.S. Wigeon says hello to Lady :P

• becca June 13, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

*waves back* thanks MM!! :D

and Lady says “bark bark!” (translation: HI WIGEON!! :P hahaha)

14. JoanneP June 13, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

Lovely shade on your skin tone!! Well done manicure Becca! I chopped off my nails as short as possible after the gardening last week. They chipped like crazy and the tips of my nails become much thinner. And each nail has a different shape too, hehehe. Your pic is inspiring!

• becca June 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

Aw thank you so much, Joanne! :D

I really don’t like to keep my nails very long either–I spend a lot of my day on the computer typing for work or the blog and can never seem to type right if they’re even remotely long! I just barely let my nails peek past my fingers otherwise I’m sure I’d either chip them left and right too or they’d drive me crazy! :P

15. MissAggieKwong June 15, 2013 at 7:59 am #

very beautiful color!

• becca June 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

Isn’t it? I’m so in love with it, I’m actually considering wearing it on my nails for a second week in a row–that’s huge when I typically get tired of a nail color after 5 days :P haha

Hope all is well with you hon–it’s been a while! :D