The Beauty Snaps

23 Apr

Just a quick series of snapshots to show you what I’ve been up to…

Currently testing:

See a trend? There are 2 different brands’ (Dior and Neutrogena) chubby lip pencils and 2 really expensive lip treatments (Hourglass and La Mer) in there.

I’m really excited about the lip balm/lipstick pencils/sticks/whatever you want to call them. The only experience I have with this type of product is with the Revlon Balm Stains and they weren’t exactly a huge hit for me (though I’ve been finding myself reaching for Rendezvous a lot more lately. I like to really slather the product on then leave it on my lips long enough for it to stain. Then, I wipe it off and top with a clear lip balm). I feel like these 2 brands’ offerings will be much more up my alley!

To be honest, I am dreading testing the N°28 Lip Treatment Oil and the La Mer “The Lip Balm”. I’m kinda sorta hoping that they’ll both be duds so I won’t fall in love and have to splash out $42 or $50, respectively, to repurchase either one (or *gasp* both?! :P).

False eyelashes:

I’m sure all of you know Teri from the amazing blog, BellaChique. Teri is gorgeous and always posts stunning face shots. She has shared that she likes to use accent lashes to frame her lovely eyes and since then, I’ve been trying desperately to replicate the look. You see, my lashes are quite sad–pathetic really. Incredibly short, sparse (even more so lately after all my lashes fell out after using RapidLash :/), and downward growing. She stated that she likes to use the Katy Perry for Eyelure lashes called Oh Honey! I have experimented with other lashes but finally decided to go and get the exact ones she says she uses (along with a few others, just in case ;)). Fingers crossed it’ll turn out nicely!

Serums/treatments:

these are just some of the treatments I’ve been loving/testing lately. The Caudalie SOS serum is obviously a favorite–I am always raving about it on twitter or to other beauty bloggers :P

The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is my 2nd bottle. I didn’t immediately repurchase after the first one because I didn’t really see any visible improvements to my skin but I found that after a certain amount of time had passed, I started to get really curious about it again. :P You see, I just really want to like it since it contains so many beneficial ingredients. And I guess if it’s not doing anything negative to my skin, I can always just use it as a “filler” treatment (which is what I call the treatments in my possession that contain a lot of great ingredients but that I don’t get any visible results from. I usually slather these on with wild abandon when I’m just at home or on days I don’t feel I need to look my best).

The Nude Skincare ProGenius Oil is new and I’m in the middle of testing it. I love it for the backs of my hands but I’m not sure my face can tolerate too much of it, unfortunately :/

…and speaking of skincare:

this happened.

I’ve obviously acquired waaay too much this past month/month and a half. I don’t even know how it happened! To be fair, I found some of the stuff (Caudalie Vinopure Matte Finish Fluid and Radiance Day Fluid [both of which have since been re-formulated, which is why they were on sale] and DDF items) on sale. Still, it’s a little embarrassing at how much I’ve been hoarding skincare–all these new acquisitions are on top of what I already own (products I’ve purchased and still have yet to try, products I’ve been sent, products I’m using, products I’m currently testing…). My beauty closet is full to bursting with skincare! I’ve decided NO MORE NEW SKINCARE for…a while. Haha!

I don’t want to put down any concrete stipulations like “until I finish half of what I own” or “until the year 2015″ (which is, let’s face it, entirely plausible at this point) or anything like that because I know myself and I honestly don’t do well with those types of restrictions. However, let’s just say that I’m good on skincare for a long while and will definitely be stricter on myself going forward!

Kombucha:

Love kombucha and this is my favorite brand and flavor. Funnily enough, I originally thought kombucha was disgusting–like drinking straight vinegar. But after drinking it a few times, I’ve come to honestly love the stuff. And especially with the fresh ginger flavor, it’s so invigorating and refreshing! I’ve been looking into how to make my own so that should be fun!

Giorgio Armani:

As many of you know (because I couldn’t stop raving about it on my twitter), I finally bought the Maestro foundation, along with the Summer 2013 Face & Eye Palette. But the foundation…it’s everything I wanted it to be and more! How on earth did they create such a light, silky, heavenly formula? I swear, this stuff will change. your. life! It is the foundation that all other foundations can’t even fathom of aspiring to be like–it’s incredible! Review of both products is definitely on its way!

Essie polishes:

–L to R: Come Here!, First Timer, In the Cab-ana, Under Where?–

I got my hands on Essie’s Resort 2013 collection and I’m loving the colors. The formula isn’t the best I’ve seen from Essie but it’s still decent and the end result is definitely worth it!

and a parting shot of Lady:

I swear, nothing melts my heart like when I see her sleeping with her tiny little pink tongue stick out. Soooooo precious!! :D

Hope you all are having a great week so far!! ♥

60 Responses to “The Beauty Snaps”

1. Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) April 23, 2013 at 10:22 pm #

OH NO your lashes fell out from Rapidlash?!? ahhhh what a nightmare. I’ve heard people say that happened to them. I’m not sure why but for me, it’s worked amazingly well – exactly as advertised. But makes me wonder what’s in it that can cause lashes to fall out though. I hope your lashes grow back quickly!!
    I really like using individual lashes just in the outer corner… it’s been a while since I’ve done it but I love how natural yet eye-enhancing it looks.
    I’m also really intrigued by all the pencil-style lip products out. There’s something so fun about using them. That Armani foundation sounds truly amazing. And Lady is sooo cute!!!!

• becca April 23, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

Thank you, Catherine!! (and Lady says thank you, too :P)

Yeah I looved RapidLash at first but after a couple of months when I ran out of the tube, all my lashes started to fall out. I got scared and started using it again and it just didn’t work for some reason :/ It was really weird…so yeah, definitely scared of all those lash treatments now :P haha I’ll stick with falsies!

The Armani foundation is soooo amazing–I can’t believe how incredible the texture is! It’s foundation heaven for me! I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t break me out but so far so good!

2. Teri April 23, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

Yaaay, thanks for the link love dear! ^^ There is just so much to love about this post, especially those cute chubby lip pencils! As for the accent lashes, I’m still loving Oh Honey but Sweetie Pie is awesome as well! Good luck! ^^

• becca April 23, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

Of course–any time :D I really hope that either one will work for me–I just want pretty lashes like yours!!! :P haha

3. Angela @ The Unprofessional Beauty Blog April 23, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Wow you got so many great products there. The La Mer lip balm is the best. Kind of expansive for a lip balm, but it works great.

I tried kombucha for a few times, and I gave up. I just can’t get used to the taste.

• becca April 23, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

haha yeah, I would say the La Mer balm is DEFINITELY expensive for a lip balm!! :P Hopefully it will be the best damn lip balm I’ve ever tried though! lol

Kombucha is definitely an acquired taste. I really like this brand though–they do some great flavors! I can’t remember which ones I tried first but I just thought it was so strong and vinegary. Then I tried the blueberry and also ginger and fell in love! :)

4. Claire April 23, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

sooo many pretties :D I love fake lashes on others but I am either to clumsy or what, because I think they look weird on me, lol. First Timer is such an amazing green, I find it very wearable and summery :) This post is <3 so many pretty things, I am curious what you will say about the lip balm ;)

• becca April 23, 2013 at 11:04 pm #

Haha I know I am curious about the lip balm but also scared. I mean, I go through a LOT of lip balm. Do I really want to be spending an additional $50 a month on lip balm?!! :P haha

I feel the same way about fake lashes too. I feel like they look really obvious and fake on me but on others (like Teri) they are soooo gorgeous! So I just keep trying and trying, hoping that I’ll find the perfect ones someday! :P

5. Lily April 23, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

You weren’t kidding when you said you bought a lot of stuff. HAHAHA! Can’t wait for the Armani palette review :-) As for lashes, I still don’t wear them, and when I do, it’s really only for blog posts (that is, if ever). They’re so DIFFICULT to put on. LOL!

• becca April 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

LOL I know, right?! But I’m trying to justify it in my head because I actually went a few months without buying anything at all! :D haha

I don’t really have a problem applying strip lashes–it’s only the individual or accent ones that give me trouble. But I do have a problem with getting them to look…decent on me. haha I feel like they always look so fake and obvious :/

6. Sunny April 24, 2013 at 4:36 am #

I’ve ALWAYS loved your post but this one blew my mind! There’s something about seeing so many beauty and skincare products in one place that makes me swooooon!

I’m curious about what you think about the Dior Jelly Pen! I swatched them the other day and while they aren’t bad, I personally prefer more pigment (and less shimmer. I feel so old LOL)! I got some packets of EL ANR a while ago, and I’m going through them to see if I like it enough. So far I’m not seeing anything amazing, but anti-oxidant probably doesn’t work overnight so maybe I will eventually get a bottle to see what my skin says after some months!

LADY!!! Cats forget to take their tongues back sometimes, and I LOVE to harass them by touching the tongues. Some get the point fast, others look at you confused and annoyed because they can’t figure out what is wrong LOL What a cuuuuute thing Lady is!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 6:18 am #

Hahah thank you Sunny! I know, I always get so excited myself when I see a bunch of fun products piled into one post so I thought it’d be fun to do one myself. While writing it, I got myself all psyched out to use everything and now can’t decide which to post about first!! :P

I only swatched the Jelly Lip Pens on the backs of my hand because I’m so scared of the testers lol! So it was hard to gauge how pigmented it would look on the lips but fingers crossed! I guess I do like sheerer colors more than you do though :P

And YES–WHAT is it about their cute little tongues that makes you want to reach out and touch it?!! LOL!! Lady gets sooo mad because it usually happens when she’s sleeping and she is SERIOUSLY cranky if you wake her up when she’s trying to sleep :P hahaha

7. Gummy April 24, 2013 at 6:11 am #

Looooove this post!!!! Glad to see I’m not the only one who’s gone crazy lately!! LOL :-) Cannot wait for all of your reviews/pics/swatches! I have the La Mer balm waiting to be tested along with the Bobbi Brown balm…but I’m trying not to use them until I finish up this Korres lip butter that is dying a very slow death (wanted it to be in April empties but I don’t think it’ll make it – def May though, I think??). What Shiseido Bio-Performance product is that?? I picked up the Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream and am excited to try it bc I’ve been using the Benefiance one for a long time and love it.

Lady is so super adorable!!! Just the most precious thing ever when they stick their little tongues out like that!! Hope you are having tons of fun with all of your goodies!!! xo

• becca April 24, 2013 at 6:24 am #

Thank you, Gummy dear!! :D I know, summer collections man…there’s just something about them that I can’t resist. Not just makeup though–*obviously* I’ve gone skincare crazy. I don’t know why…it started when I was going through the breakup I think because my skin was freaking out alongside me :P haha so I started buying and buying and now my skin looks better than ever (thanks to the SOS serum and my trusty acne treatments) and I have all this excess product of my stress/freak-out buying :P LOL!

You’re STILL working on that Korres Lip Butter?!! haaha didn’t you post about it months and months ago?!! :P I know, for such a small pot those things last a surprisingly long time! You have more willpower than I do though because I can NEVER wait to open new products no matter how many other ones I have open at the time! Wasteful, I know, but how on earth can you resist the allure??? lol

The Shiseido cream is the Super Eye Contour Cream. I got it on sale since it was discontinued a few months ago! I’m a little bit worried it will be too rich for me as I’m prone to milia but eh, I can just pass it on to my mom if that’s the case :)

Oh and Lady says THANK YOU! :P

• Gummy April 24, 2013 at 8:28 am #

Ha I know what you mean…I can never seem to resist buying skincare and am also bad because I tend to buy backups of things I like/love at the time (if I like/love I’m afraid of being w/o it) and then move onto something else. Then I’m ‘stuck’ with the backups and end up giving them away or they weigh on my beauty conscious until I use them up on my hands or something!! But there are so many things to try!!! ARGH!!! LOL :-)

OMG tell me about that damn Korres Lip Butter!!! Yes, I think I keep lamenting about it but for some reason keep trying to use it up because it always seems like it’s almost gone. But then it’s not. And for some strange reason I don’t want it to beat me! BUT in my defense I did hit pan on it the other day so YAY me!! Ha ha!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

LOL! Well, YOU CAN DO IT–I believe in you!! hahaha :P

I actually don’t do backups of products no matter how much I love them. It’s weird…if I have money to spend, I’m going to try something new instead of spending it on something boring :P it’s a bad habit because several times in the past I’ve splurged on all new items–be it makeup or skincare–and then was broke when it came time for a sale like at Sephora where I usually buy all my regularly used items like my perfume, primer, serums, etc. :P LOL!

8. Larie April 24, 2013 at 9:28 am #

Oooooooooh *__* So many pretty things!

And girl, I hear you on the skincare. Damnit, I feel like I’m swimming in the stuff. My skin has been changing, so I’ve been tweaking the products in my usual regimen, and it’s driving me insane. Looking forward to your thoughts on your picks!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

Haha right?! I went through like a weird skin period and emerged with better skin than ever but about 35 products too many :P What’s been up with your skin, Larie? Is it getting drier? Has it been a gradual, permanent thing or is it the result of stress/weather/other factors? :/

9. Liz April 24, 2013 at 9:40 am #

MY GOD. I was like, ‘This is great!’ and then it kept going and going, LOL!

First, sorry about your lashes. What the heck? I think you need to do a warning post for us! My lashes are puny and grow down as well – no amount of curling will keep them up, so I just apply some mascara so that my eyes don’t look completely bald.

La Mer! Can’t wait for you to review that as I read a lot of half-hearted ones that were like, “This is nice… but really expensive.” I just got the Hourglass one in the mail today and have the same fears.

And I’ve tried the Shiseido Pureness line and thought it was just okay. DDF is quite good but pricey so yay for sales! And you are to blame for the Caudalie SOS Serum pickup this month. I’ve tried only a few times but so far like it. :)

Damn, you’re a busy woman, lol.

• becca April 24, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

LOL I know! I’ve seriously been on such a rampage!! I’m sorry wifey, but it looks like it’s just going to be bread and butter on the table this month…:P haha

I know the expensive lip treatments are scaring me to death. I find myself pulling them out randomly to just hold them, staring at them with a mixture of fear and anticipation. :P

Did you like the Pureness line? I do not. The face wash is sooo…foamy, man! I mean really, it foams like all get-out! And it leaves my skin too squeaky-clean feeling, yet only on the surface. It doesn’t feel like it’s actually done any deep cleaning, you know what I mean? I haven’t tried the mattifying toner yet because I’m a little scared. I bought it on a whim and read the ingredients AFTER (I NEVER do that, so it was definitely an impulse buy for sure! :P) and saw that it contains a lot of alcohol. :/ I really don’t like using alcohol in my toners/products if I can help it.

I’m really, really glad you’re liking the SOS serum so far though. Do you like-like it or just like it?? :P

• Liz April 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

Well, I never repurchased the Pureness stuff so there`s your answer! I didn`t mind the foam but also felt it wasn`t doing anything favourable to the skin.

As for the SOS, it`s too soon to tell. I broke out again from too much experimenting all at once, so it`s tucked away until the skin calms down again. Running out to get my beloved Effaclar Duo for the third time!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

Oh no–I hate that :( haha I do that all the time–get so excited about products that I just bombard my skin with everything and it gets really angry :P haha! I just repurchased the Effaclar Duo too a few days ago. It really is very good. Of course I love my Epiduo presription gel even more but the Effaclar will do for now…plus it works better on the larger pimples and breakouts. The Epiduo is really good for maintaining my skin and getting rid of the smaller pimples

10. Procrastinator April 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Soooooooo many pretties! I think it’s spring that makes us go a little shopping crazy — it’s that first warm day after a long cold spell that makes you want to walk around and shop!

I’m really surprised your lashes fell out after Rapidlash! I’m also almost completely without lashes, so I’ll be sure to be wary of it. Thanks for the heads up!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

Haha yes spring but also I just LOVE the summer collections!! :P Do you have a favorite season for shopping the collections? There’s just something about the summer collections…all the beautiful, warm cheek colors, gorgeous bronzers, pops of vibrant color, gold….I love it all!! :D

And yes, definitely use RapidLash at your own risk. I loved it at first but after awhile, literally almost ALL my lashes fell out. I was left with about 5 and a little bit of downy growth :/ it was awful! I’ve heard some people say they haven’t experienced any issues though so I guess it really depends

11. Kelly April 24, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

Whooa lots of fun products! Ugh I am pretty sure I am going to try out Maestro and it is all because of you :P

• becca April 24, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

Yaaay do it!! It’s soo awesome! I just wore it out to test and it’s been almost 3 hours–no blotting necessary! That’s usually unheard of for my super oily skin!! :D

12. Taylor April 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Holy haul! You have some incredible things here! My heart is racing a bit.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your lashes, that is so awful! I love how Teri does her lashes as well and recently picked up the Katy Perry lashes also.
    Looking forward to your reviews!

• becca April 24, 2013 at 9:32 pm #

LOL I know it’s so exciting I don’t know where to start!! :P

I know Teri’s lashes (and eyes…and whole face :P) are gorgeous–I love how she does the accent lashes. Are you going to try cutting them to use as accents or are you just going to use the full strip?

13. Kristen @ Glambunctious April 24, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

I totally relate to not even wanting to try certain things because if they’re amazing, you’ll be buying tubes and tubes worth, lol! Lady is adorable! Good luck with the false lashes! I have no skills when it comes to applying those whatsoever! Anyone with any lash application prowess has my respect! :)

• becca April 24, 2013 at 10:01 pm #

Haha I know–it’s like on the one hand, you’ll be happy if you find something worthy of becoming an “HG” product but on the other hand, it’s so expensive you cringe every time you start running low and have to repurchase :P I hate that!

I am horrible with false lashes too–especially individual and accent ones. My eyes are just so small and my lashes are so sparse, I think they have trouble holding any fake lashes up, you know what I mean? :/

14. fairytalesandcoffee April 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

I LOVED this post. I love looking at other people’s stuff. Makes me so happy. I’m actually going official on the no buy for 6 months in a week or so. I have too much crap and I’ve started noticing a few of my foundation bottles looking suspicious. I’m the same way about “filler” products. Stuff you know has good stuff in it but it doesn’t do anything noticeable. I’m trying to remove those from my routine until I can declutter and use up my products. As far as the Estee Lauder Overnight. I love the bottle and the feel of this product but you are better off buying a strong vitamin c product. The EL is a luxury mild exfoliant that looks nice on a vanity. I have the under eye version mostly for this reason.

• becca April 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

I agree–I’ve been meaning to start looking for a really good vit C serum that I like. I used to love the results I got from just an Avalon Organics one that I tried–it was my first serum and the product that started my obsessed with skincare/serums/antioxidants :P I want to try the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic soooo bad but damn is it pricey!! :P Are there any really good vit C serums that you like & would recommend? I know we have similar skin types…

• fairytalesandcoffee April 25, 2013 at 4:11 am #

I’ve tried Skinceuticals but I couldn’t stand the smell or that it turned brown so fast for such a high price. Best I’ve tried was the Obagi Professional C Serum 20% but its still 100/monthly because it also turns brown very quickly. So I am looking for cheaper alternatives for the same effect. With the Obagi I noticed: shrunk pores, even tone and firm skin. So far none have given me the same in such a short time for a cheaper price point.

• becca April 25, 2013 at 6:05 am #

Yeah I’ve heard it oxidizes quickly :/ Did you try storing it in the fridge? I would be SO pissed if a serum I spent that much on turned brown in a month or less so I don’t think I could deal with that. Let me know if you find anything good that is more affordable and I will be sure to do the same! :) I’m kinda curious about the Philosophy vit C powder that you can just mix in with your regular serum. I havent read too much about it though

• fairytalesandcoffee April 28, 2013 at 6:48 am #

fridge helps only a little bit, it’s really more about the air that gets in. It’s a 3-4 week product. Vitamin c powders are interesting too. I haven’t tried those yet.

• becca April 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

Aw yeah it’s always a shame with the dropper top bottles. I love them because they’re so cute and there’s just something so nice and quaint about using the glass dropper but a plastic, airtight container is definitely the way to go. I’m surprised that Skinceuticals has yet to repackage to a more effective bottle. It’s a common complaint a hear with that serum and you’d think that for that much money, you’d get the best there is. :/

If I try the powdered vit C I will let you know how it goes. It seems affordable and really convenient to use! Maybe I’ll pick some up next weekend..:P

15. casey23 April 25, 2013 at 12:25 am #

Definitely waiting for a review about Caudalie fluids!! Judging on your latest skincare items I believe our skin texture is quite similar and I really wonder especially about Vinopure matte fluid.

• becca April 25, 2013 at 2:08 am #

Hey Casey! Do you have oily, acne-prone skin too? *sigh* such a bummer sometimes, huh?! :P haha! The Vinopure Mattifying Fluid has actually been reformulated and is now called the Moisturizing Matifying Fluid so unfortunately, I won’t be reviewing the former as it’s no longer widely available (though I know you can still find it some places. Beauty.com still seems to have some in stock). I am very curious about the newer formulation though so I’ll probably be trying that one sometime in the future and I’ll post it to here, for sure :)

Do you have some favorite products for your skin type that you’d recommend?

16. Makeup Morsels April 25, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

I have officially gone to makeup heaven, SO MANY PRETTY THINGS IN ONE POST! I’m really curious to hear about the La Mer Lip Balm, some people swear by it but some people say it’s not worth the price. Can’t wait to read your reviews on these, now back to staring and drooling for me :P

• becca April 25, 2013 at 7:25 pm #

LOL yeah I better like it!! :P But as for whether or not I’ll deem it worthy of the $50 price tag is another story…I mean, my Jack Black balm is just SO good and at about $8 a pop, it’s hard to justify spending $50 for an overnight lip treatment (since it doesn’t contain SPF :/). I suppose we shall see though! It was a total spur of the moment type thing :P

17. BooBooNinja April 25, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

Wowza!

• becca April 25, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Hahaha! Too much?! :P

18. Gemma Turner April 25, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

Those Essies are gorgeous, and your dog is simply adorable xx
    Gemma ♥

• becca April 25, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

I loooove Essie–it’s such a great, affordable and accessible nail polish line! They do such fun, bright colors too–I really dig a bright nail polish so Essie is always my go-to! Do you like Essie? If so, what’s your favorite shade?

Also, Lady says thank you!! :P

19. Tracy@Beauty Reflections April 25, 2013 at 11:28 pm #

I just got that Hourglass Lip Treatment and I know what you mean about loving it! BUT I DO and I’ll keep buying that thing even if I have to eat oatmeal 24/7!

• becca April 26, 2013 at 3:34 am #

LOL oh no I’m so scared now!! :P I really DONT want to love it but at the same time ooooh I really, really do!! Ah crap…:P haha

20. Meryl @ Memoiselle April 26, 2013 at 12:43 am #

Oh my goodness that’s sooo drooling!!! I can’t wait to get see your post soon!
    Neutrogena lippies looks so similar to Chubbt sticks and I need to know what you say about those products :D
    And oohh my look at those Armani products! I haven’t seen them in person as I believe it hasn’t arrived in my local counter here. I need to check those out! :D

• becca April 26, 2013 at 3:36 am #

I have never tried the Chubby Sticks but I always wanted to–I’m so glad that so many drugstore brands are putting out their own versions now so I can play around at a more affordable price :) Have you tried the Chubby Sticks, Meryl? What do you think?

And YES you definitely need to swatch those GA goodies as SOON as they arrive! The palette is absolutely spectacular!! :D

21. Toya April 26, 2013 at 7:04 am #

OMG SO.MANY.THINGS. I want to hear about!!!! It’s gonna be a good month my dear :D

• becca April 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Hahaha I couldn’t have said it better myself, Toya!! :D :D

22. Kiss & Make-up April 27, 2013 at 5:06 am #

Oh no, your lashes fell out?! Sue the company! lol :-)

Great post, so many lovely products :-)

• becca April 27, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

LOL I know I should! Maybe that way, I can afford more false eyelashes to at least fake the look everyday :P haha!

23. Sukie April 28, 2013 at 3:48 am #

AAAHHH Becca!! Those Neutrogena Chubby Sticks look amazing!!!! Hence all these overused exclamation marks =D We don’t get ‘em Neutrogena ones over here in Malaysia so that’s a bit of a bummer! The Caudalie SOS serum, you keep raving about it SO MUCH that I really need to give it a go!

P/S: In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m hyperventilating now. What you’ve got in this post is making me want to rush out and buy almost everything! :D

• becca April 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

LOL! Yaaaay–I’m glad someone is as excited as I am!! haha :P

That’s too bad you guys don’t get them. If you ever need help getting anything, you know you can always turn to me!! :D And YES you need to try that SOS serum. It’s really a great one for any dehydrated skin types but especially nice for my oily, dehydrated skin. Well, it WAS dehydrated…before I started using the serum! :)

24. Joyce (bronzerbunny) April 28, 2013 at 10:57 am #

EEEEE! I love this post. Lady is so cute! ALSO I LOVE LA MER LIP BALM! And i can’t wait to hear about the jelly pens and the hourglass treatment :) and i’ve now forgotten everything else i wanted to say lmao.

• becca April 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

Haha thank you, from me and Lady ;)

You’ve tried the La Mer lip balm? What do you think–worth the splurge?? I just love lip balm so much and I’d heard such good things that I couldn’t resist…I almost wish I had gotten the Rodin lip balm instead, as that one calls to me a bit more (that gorgeous clear packaging, the pretty pink tint, and the jasmine and orange oils? YES PLEASE!! :P). But I wasn’t anywhere near a Barneys or a Rodin counter. I just saw the La Mer right at the register and went for it without thinking :P

25. Stephanie April 28, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

Been wanting to try both the Estee Lauder ANR and the Caudelie Vinosource serum; I’ll have to start looking through your twitter now and see what all the raves are about :D

xo Stephanie

• becca April 28, 2013 at 8:42 pm #

Oh you must try the SOS serum. Have you tried anything from Caudalie yet, Stephanie? It’s SUCH an amazing brand and is the first one I’ve found that really, truly caters to all skin types. It’s not that they have a tremendous amount of options or different lines for different skin types either, it’s just that every product has been meticulously formulated to suit pretty much every skin type. The most hydrating serum is still light enough for me and doesn’t break out my problematic skin! :)

26. Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty May 4, 2013 at 3:30 am #

Like you, i’ve dug out tons of unopened skincare items over the past month and told myself to hold off any future skincare purchases! I think they could last me for an entire year :S looking forward to your review on the NUDE oil! I’ve a sample of it which came from a set and i haven’t been using it religiously (due to other skin conditions), so far just used twice, so i can’t say much, but i’m curious how it works on you!

• becca May 4, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

I like the effects I get from the ProGenius oil but if I use it for more than one consecutive night, I will break out :/ It’s such a shame–I wanted to love it so bad. But I have been using it on the backs of my hands and I loved the smooth, plumped up effect! For my face, I get almost the same results with Caudalie’s SOS serum. Now THAT one I love!! :D