My Current Skincare Routine

31 Jan

I know this is a post that every blogger has done at one time or another but I must tell you, I love skincare products. I love buying them, love using them, love talking about them–so actually, it’s a surprise that I haven’t done one of these posts sooner!

As my skincare routine is a bit long-winded, I’m just going to jump right into it!

Morning

There are 2 different options for how I cleanse my face in the mornings. I might just use my Caudalie Cleansing Water (I got an incredible Caudalie 500-point perk [Sephora, please bring this back!!]) that contained this and deluxe samples of the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum and Day Perfecting Fluid so I am trying to use those all up before re-purchasing the full-sizes again) then continue to the next step if I know I’m just going to be at home for the day. But if I’m on my way out, I’ll use my trusty Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser. It’s very gentle and non-drying but thoroughly cleans my face and removes any traces of oil that’s accumulated on my skin during the course of the night.

Next, I spray my face with my Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Face Mist. I love this particular one because it contains a lot of great antioxidants and is alcohol-free. I use spritz it all over then press it into the skin with my fingers.

While my skin is still damp, I will apply whatever serum I’m using on that particular day. Usually it’s my beloved Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, but sometimes if I’m feeling a bit dull or too oily (as the Caudalie one does provide a bit of moisture), I’ll use my WEI Goji Berry Serum* that is chock-full of antioxidants. See a pattern here? I love skincare products that are filled with antioxidants. I think at my age, it’s important to focus on preventative skincare.

I wait about 10-15 minutes for it to absorb fully then will apply my sunscreen. Again, if I’m just staying at home, I’ll use something like the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid for Normal-Combination skin or the L’Oréal Sublime Sun Sunscreen. This is because I don’t really like these sunscreens but have practically full bottles of both, so I have to find a way to use it all up. If I’m going out, I’ll use my Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF46*. I like it a lot–especially right now, when the weather’s cooler. But once it hits summer again, I will be switching back to my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Fluid Sunscreen. It’s a bit lighter and dries to a more matte finish, which is ideal for my oily skin in the hotter months.

After I apply a bit of Jack Black’s Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF25, I’m ready for makeup (if I’m going out. If not, I’m off to make some tea! :D).

Night

Before bed every night, I use my Aveeno cleanser again. If I’ve used a lot of base makeup on that day, I will use my cleansing water afterwards to remove all traces of it from my neck, hairline, etc.

About once a week (sometimes twice if I need a little extra TLC), I like to use a mask. Sometimes I will use my Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Goji Berry & Acai Mask (for the antioxidants and to brighten, tighten, and refresh my skin) and sometimes I will use a mud mask if I’ve been particularly oily that week (Pure + Simple’s French Green Clay Mask* is a favorite).

Another favorite mask of mine is a homemade one. I am always surprised to find out that many people actually don’t like doing homemade masks. I can’t fathom why! They’re so, so easy to make and easy to tailor, according to your skin’s needs. My best creation is a super-simple colloidal oatmeal mask. I mix about 2 tablespoons of colloidal oatmeal with just a tiny bit of hot water to make a paste. Then I add liberal amounts of honey. Et voilà–a super easy and effective mask! It’s really gentle but works well to calm irritations, moisturize, and also helps with breakouts! It’s seriously amazing and I can’t recommend it more! But I digress…once I’ve left the mask on for 15-20 minutes, I wash my face thoroughly with lukewarm water.

About 2 times a week, I try to use an exfoliating treatment of some kind, other than my usual acne treatments or Retin-A. In rotation: my Clarisonic, my Earth Science Papaya Glycolic Gentle Skin Peel (if I use this, it also serves as my 1 mask treatment for the week), REN’s Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask* (this a recent addition that I am testing and loving! Again, if I use this, it serves as my mask for the week, as well), REN’s AHA Concentrate* (another recent addition), and Pure + Simple’s Lactic Acid Original 5%*.

Next, I use my Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover to remove all my eye makeup.

The next step is to tone. I do the same thing with my Ole Henriksen toning mist as I did in the AM–spray and press into skin.

Current Skincare Routine 2013

Next comes treatments. Now this step varies quite a bit, depending on what my skin needs on that particular night. If my skin is breaking out or badly congested, I will use my Epiduo Gel all over. But normally I will use it just in my t-zone then apply another treatment, like the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, everywhere else. If my skin is a bit drier, I will substitute the Caudalie serum for My’s Skin Recovery Complex* (review coming soon). If my skin is a lot drier, I will use Caudalie’s S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum instead. About once or twice week, I will use my Retin-A (or Tretinoin) cream on those areas instead of one of the serums (you still with me? :P).

While I wait for the treatment/s to absorb for 15 minutes, I apply Pure + Simple’s Collagen Elastin Eye + Lip Concentrate* all over the orbital area. After waiting 5 minutes for it to absorb, I apply either my Pure + Simple Eye Brightening Cream* or my WEI Mulberry Leaf 3-in-1 Eye Cream*, which is just a tad bit lighter.

Then, I apply my Rapidlash serum every other night.

After comes lip balm–my go-to is Jack Black’s Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF25.

While all that is melding together, I apply my cuticle cream. Right now, I’m using Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Now while that is absorbing, I apply a serum to the backs of my hands. REN’s Bio-Retinoid Anti-Aging Concentrate* is a favorite. Then a cream goes over all of that to seal it all in! I like Avon’s Moisture Therapy Hand Cream because it’s very thick and works well to seal in moisture.

Aaaaaand….that’s it! Haha–told ‘ya it was lengthy! So how bout you? Do you have a skincare routine? If so, is it lengthy and complex like mine? :P Share your routine with me! If it’s too long and you don’t feel like typing it all out, what are some of your favorite skincare products?

*product was provided to The Beauty Sample free of charge. Despite this, I choose what I do and do not use/feature in posts and these products were included because they work and I truly enjoy using them!

48 Responses to “My Current Skincare Routine”

1. Larie January 31, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

I’ve been meaning to put together a post like this for ages, but the sheer size of it all scares me. Good job! I have mine theoretically sorted by morning, night, and “as needed’ (e.g., spot treatments, etc.) but I don’t want to write it, LOL.

Also…I don’t like to make honey masks because I like to eat honey, and if I put it on my face then there is less of it for me to eat. … …Hahahahaha.

• becca January 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

Haha the writing part was okay but for me, getting all the products together to photograph was a bit daunting :P I’d be curious to hear your skincare routine though so you should definitely do one, Larie!! :D

And have you tried raw honey? OMG, if not you NEED to! It’s amazing! On toast with a little bit of crumbled goat cheese over top…mmmm….so good! :D

2. Dovey January 31, 2013 at 2:46 pm #

Hi Becca,

Great post! I’m seeing a lot of awesome products here— I’ve also been using an Aveeno (though a different one) in the mornings— and honey masks are the best! I’m intrigued in the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea face mist, given your positive opinion; I’m loving mists lately. I haven’t done a comprehensive skincare post in quite some time. Perhaps I should get my act together and follow your example :)

• becca January 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

Haha thanks Dovey! And I would *love* to read your skincare routine. Skincare posts are always my favorites! You should do one!! :D

Also, don’t you love Aveeno? It’s so gentle and awesome. I never splurge on face washes because I use so damn much of it and it’s only on your skin for a minute or two anyway :P For the price and quality, Aveeno is the best!!

3. Sunny January 31, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

Whoa, you have such a rigorous routine, Becca! Now I feel bad and lazy! I used to use many products, but I have since then streamlined the routine quite a bit. I no longer use toners or even hydrating masks. I replace masks with dry oil instead!

I see some of my favorites up there, including the REN mask, the Caudalie serum and lotions!

• becca January 31, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

Haha yeah, it’s taken me a while to figure out what works and what does work for me is having a collection of products that work for my skin but also being really attentive to my skin’s needs. I used to just use the same serum every day and every night but I find that having a variety of things that I can mix and match is infinitely more effective! :D

4. Taylor January 31, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

I love a comprehensive skin care routine! Thank you for share. Mine might be just as lengthy. I really like to make a homemade mask also. I’m eyeing all that ren and Caudelie. I’ve been wanting to try the Ren Peel for ages, I hear so many great things.

• becca January 31, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

I know me too! It’s been on my list for years and I’ve ALWAYS heard such good things, so I am so glad to finally be able to test it! It’s really amazing and VERY effective. I thought it wouldn’t do much for me since I was already a “seasoned” exfoliator but you can really feel the REN mask doing its thing! And your skin after–oh goodness…:P

5. Emi at Project Swatch January 31, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

You have much more of a routine than I do! I use fewer products than you, but I’m a bit more haphazard with them. For example, I have three moisturizers, but there’s no real rhyme or reason to when I use one vs. another – I layer them, I use them each alone, I just pick whichever on whatever day!

• becca January 31, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Haha yeah but your skin is friggin perfect so anything that you use or do to it, it will probably look amazing anyway!! :P I always have to be on the ball with my skin, looking out for little signs of irritation or dryness or a sudden bout of super-duper oiliness that means i’m a bit dehydrated or congested pores that could lead to a massive breakout…it’s all very tiring stuff! :P

6. Gummy January 31, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

When I saw that first picture of all your products, it reminded me of something that you see on the home page of dermstore or skincarerx! Tee hee :-) I am really happy to see your post, because I can totally relate!! Though my routine is at the most minimal its been in a really long time, I still have friends who like to tell me I use too much! But I need different things because my skin doesn’t always act or feel the same way, and the older I get it seems the more finicky my skin has become. And I find skincare relaxing…is that weird? LOL :-) Plus one of my favorite sayings is…you only have one face! Ha ha!

I’m going to try that Aveeno cleanser – it’s so hard to find something that is gentle, doesn’t dry you out but that will still cut through the daily/nightly oil buildup. I haven’t tried the oatmeal & honey mask, but every once in awhile I’ll do a plain yogurt or a yogurt & honey mask! It feels really good and it’s nice to know exactly what’s in it and it’s so inexpensive!!

I can’t believe I finally found someone else that uses a serum & cream at night on her hands!! Yay!! I feel like it really makes a difference :-)

• becca January 31, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

See, I TOTALLY and completely agree–skincare is really really relaxing for me. When you have a nice routine that takes you a little bit of time, it’s nice to kind of zone out and go through the motions and just do your thing, you know? I was also just telling someone recently that the reason why I never EVER go to bed with makeup on is because I like my skincare routine too much! If I failed to wash my face before bed, I would be missing out on the whole ritual (and, of course, the benefits), so it’s just not something I would ever forget to do. I’m so happy that you get me! AND you use serum and cream on your hands too?!? You’re AWESOME!! :D

I can’t believe I haven’t tried the yogurt and honey mask yet. I’ve heard of it many times and always good things but for some reason, I just haven’t gotten around to it. I think it’s because I already have oatmeal and honey in the kitchen all the time but not plain yogurt. I eat the sweet, flavored stuff so plain yogurt is never on this list and I always forget to get it just for masks :P Will definitely have to make a note next time! haha

• Gummy February 6, 2013 at 12:20 am #

Guess what?!! I completely scored and was able to order the Aveeno cleanser for just over $5 from drugstore.com!!! It arrived yesterday and I’ve used it twice. Early days yet, but so far I really like it! I am surprised at how gentle it is, yet like you said it completely removes the oil!!! I really hope I continue to like it…it’d be nice to have a cleanser alternative that’s not so expensive :-)

• becca February 6, 2013 at 12:22 am #

YAY YAY YAY–so glad to hear you like it!! :D I love the stuff and have been using it for years. I guess it’s not the most exciting cleanser but I’ve always been a firm believer in saving on cleanser and spending more on serums and treatments. The Aveeno is gentle and it works so hey, why not?! :P

7. Annick January 31, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

I’m so lazy when it comes to skincare compared to you! I wish I had the patience to put on more moisturizer and serums!

The Ole Henriksen face mist sounds amazing! Love that it doesn’t contain alcohol – I might have to track this one down.

Loved reading about your skin care routine! I really have to start cracking the whip on my skin… so to speak haha.

• becca January 31, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Thanks, Annick! I figured it was about time I posted my routine since skincare is such a passion of mine!! :D You really should check out the toning mist–it’s lovely! It smells really nice and doesn’t leave any kind of sticky or oily residue or anything like that. It’s really nice before a serum or moisturizer–I can definitely tell the difference in the moisture level of my skin!! :D

8. Lily January 31, 2013 at 6:14 pm #

I just put on together a few months ago, and I used up some of the products. I’m now on a different regime, but it’s working. Perhaps an updated skincare routine post! I don’t make masks myself, but it seems really simple. I don’t dare to try it though. I have this fear of massive breakouts in case I’m allergic to something I use…

• becca January 31, 2013 at 6:27 pm #

Oh really? Do you have very sensitive, reactive skin, Lily? I feel a lot more confident when I make homemade masks because I know exactly what goes in them. I also have VERY acne-prone skin and have never experienced a breakout from a mask before. Of course, you have to know your skin and know what will generally work and what won’t. For example, I wouldn’t use a homemade scrub with olive oil and sugar on it on my face because I know it would probably break me out but on my body, it’s really nice :) But I think most things like oatmeal, honey, lemon juice or strawberry juice, avocado, turmeric, and yogurt wouldn’t cause any pimples or issues, unless of course you ARE allergic :P You can always do a patch test someone on your arm or something if you’re nervous

9. Swathi Narumanchi January 31, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

Hi Becca,

I love skincare posts, if only to see what else I should be buying next ! :D

I use fewer products, but I make sure that it would depend on what my skin feels like, because like a lot of people I have unpredictable skin, on the same day it can go from dry to oily, and really work up quite a bit. It doesn’t help matters that I am intolerant to being exposed to sunlight for more than 10 min, I get rashes all over !

I used to use Trilogy Rosehip Antioxidant+, the new version, quite a bit and love it, but unfortunately the bottle cap broke in my purse a week back ! Sob !

So now, I have shifted to Nude Progenius oil, which is amazing, I use these oils both day and night, and I can see so much difference in my skin. I also use the Caudalie Vinotherapie nourishing body lotion with anti oxidants.

On days that I want light moisture, I prefer Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream or the H2O Plus Overnight Perfecting Peel, because they are quite light on skin but keep me hydrated.

On days where I might have breakouts, I use the Dermalogica Bedtime for breakouts, which is again quite amazing.

I tried the La Roche Posay anthelios sunscreen but it was just too greasy for me, so for the moment, no sunscreen, and I am sun intolerant !!

I cleanse presently with the INA Crystals cleanser, its a face wash that’s also a cleanser, it’s really gentle yet awesome!

I don’t know if lipcare falls under skincare, but I have to have soft lips all the time, so I have Dr Lipp balm, which is the best balm I’ve tried in years.

And yes, I also feel at my age protective measures are quite important, I am 24 already !

I’ve written quite a long essay. I use a few more products but I think this is enough for now !

Thank you again for sharing your skincare routine !

• becca January 31, 2013 at 11:28 pm #

Of course! And thank YOU for sharing your skincare routine, Swathi! I really enjoy reading skincare posts too, so your comment was a nice read :)

I’ve heard good things about Trilogy’s skincare but have yet to try anything for myself, so maybe now I will put them on my wishlist! The Rosehip Antioxidant+ sounds nice but a lot of rosehip oil usually breaks me out :/ Do you have oily skin, Swathi?

The LRP Anthelios sunscreen was much too greasy for me, as well, which is why I only use it at home or, if I’m going out, on my arms and the backs of my hands. *sigh* I had such high hopes for it too. Have you tried Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily sunscreen? I have tried MANY sunscreen–both high end and drugstore–and its honestly the best one I’ve found for my oily skin. It’s not greasy at all and it really feels nice and comfortable on the skin. Plus it doesn’t break me out! :)

• Swathi Narumanchi February 1, 2013 at 1:23 am #

I have oily skin on my cheeks and dry on forehead, nose and chin. I know that sounds very eww to picture actually.

But, the Trilogy oil, dries down really nicely and there is no oily feeling on my skin, both day and night times. The NUDE oil, takes a little longer for me to dry down in comparison to the Trilogy oil.

I have never tried any brands sun screen actually and had very high hopes for the LRP one. And now I am scared to try any other sun screen, LOL :D

I should try the Neutrogena one, oh and a crazy random fact, I carry all the skin care that I am using for that day in my bag, because you never know, when you might need it. I am that scared of bad skin, breakouts et al. :)

• becca February 1, 2013 at 2:20 am #

Haha that doesn’t sound gross at all! It’s better than having a super oily EVERYWHERE :P

I really need to try more from NUDE–I’ve tried their Advanced Cellular Renewal Serum and while I didn’t like it (did not see a single change in my skin after using it), it has not turned me off to the brand. I am dying to try some of their cleansers and toners! The oil sounds really nice but I would need a sample bc my skin is SO picky about oils!

And lol at you carrying all your skincare around! :P no wonder your Trilogy oil broke!! Doesn’t your bag get super heavy? Maybe you should decant everything into little plastic containers so not only will it be lighter but less fragile as well! You definitely should try the Neutrogena sunscreen though. You need it even if it’s gross and greasy!! :P Another REALLY good one that is great for sensitive skin is Elta MD’s UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF46. It has an incredible texture and was made for acne-prone and sensitive skin! They have different versions available too if you want!

• Swathi Narumanchi February 2, 2013 at 12:04 am #

I should try the Neutrogena sunscreen. I have never bought anything from Neutrogena before !

Oh my bag weighs a ton. I carry at any point about 15 lipsticks. Three eyeshadow palettes, brushes, highlighter,eye liners. Well, basically a small kit maybe ? Yes, it’s atrocious. I can’t bear to be parted from my beauties for long ! :D

If you do want to try oils, do try the Trilogy one first, and you also get 10ml NUDE oil as GWP in few stores.

• becca February 2, 2013 at 12:36 am #

Hahaha wow that is a love of beauty products you carry with you!! I will say one thing: you are devoted to beauty! :P

I think I will check out Trilogy’s offerings online this weekend. Thank you for the recommendation, Swathi! Oh, and let me know if you do try the Neutrogena sunscreen–it’s great! :)

10. Agata February 1, 2013 at 3:05 am #

Wow, this is quite lengthy and my husband always makes fun of me that my skincare routine is too complicated, lol.

My morning routine is pretty simple, I just wash my face with water and use a cleansing water (Caudalie is my favorite). Evenings are a bit more complicated. First I use Neutorgena Make up remover wipes to take off face products and eyeshadow, next I use Neutrogena make up remover to remove my eye make up. Then I use my Clarisonic Mia2 with a face gel, which varies depending on current needs. I think DDF Brightening Cleanser is my favorite at the moment but it dries out my skin so I don’t use it every day. I alternate between this one and a Vichy Normaderm gel or Bioderma. After that, if I am not feeling lazy I will use cleansing water to wipe off any make up traces. Finally time for a moisturizer, which again depends on my skin’s needs. My favorite cream is Vichy Aqualia Night cream or if I have tiny breakouts I use Vichy Normaderm Triple Action.

• becca February 1, 2013 at 3:29 am #

LOL I know–it takes me QUITE a while to get through it all but it’s fun and I love to do it :P

I looove Caudalie’s Cleansing Water too and can’t ever be without it! I am curious now about the Vichy Normaderm Triple Action but I’ve tried their Normaderm Pro Mat moisturizer and absolutely *hated* it, so I’m kinda scared to try more :P

• Agata February 1, 2013 at 7:18 am #

What did you hate about it? I love Vichy Normaderm series. My favorite product is a Tri-Active Mask that can be used as a mask, cleanser or an exfoliater and it’s awesome!

• becca February 1, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

I didn’t like it because it contained a lot of alcohol and it pilled under my makeup. It also didn’t keep me matte for longer than about an hour–which is about how long it usually takes for oil to build up anyway so in other words, it didn’t keep me matte at all! :P haha I’m glad it works for you though!

11. JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty February 1, 2013 at 7:57 am #

Wow, now I feel really lazy with my routine, especially in the mask department. I’ve done homemade masks before yogurt, avocado, cucumber, honey you named it. I need to straight things up and do those more often.

Also I’m adjusting mine (something I do every 6 months or so). Sunscreen, moisturizer and Clarisonic are my must-have. I’m using Kiehl’s eyecream and testing out Caudalie, Ole Henriksen. Then I remove my makeup thoroughly as soon as I got home. I wear makeup about 3 times a week and bare my face at home and the rest of the week :D. Well, this might be unrelated but I drink a lot of water, walk outside and do yoga to cleanse my face and body.

You’ve inspired me to take better care of myself. <3

• becca February 1, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

I’VE inspired YOU?? Haha you’ve inspired me, Joanne! I dont EVER exercise and I don’t drink nearly enough water. I really need to start doing both–I’ve been feeling so…”blah” lately :/ I’ve tried yoga once a long time ago and I thought it was boring (I like to do things like dance instead to keep my interest :P) but I hear so many good things that maybe I will give it another shot!

12. xLoveHappyx February 1, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

You must have amazing skin…I just discovered your blog and this is an inspiring skincare post! I better up my skincare game hahaha

• becca February 1, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

Haha actually I really don’t! It takes THAT MUCH work for me to just maintain decent, normal skin. My skin is so acne-prone and oily with large pores that it takes a lot of upkeep for me to try to stave off the breakouts and keep it hydrated without over-moisturizing to add to my oiliness. *sigh* it kinda sucks :P

So glad you found my blog–thank you for reading! :D

13. Liz February 2, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Oh my lordy! Wifey, this post is a fascinating insight into not only your routine but your personality. I bet your skin is just gorgeous! It’s all very inspiring actually and now I’d like to up my own game re: skincare and improve the lackluster situation going on here. I haven’t been breaking out for a while, which I had considered good enough — but I see now that there’s a higher plane to aspire to! LOL I kind of want to start a purely REN or Caudalie regimen… hmmm… I wonder why. ;)

• becca February 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

Haha no I actually really don’t–I have very problematic skin so it takes a lot of upkeep for me to just maintain a fairly normal, breakout-free complexion :P I do highly recommend the REN and Caudalie products in the post though–they’re AMAZING! I started testing the REN products pretty recently and so far I am very impressed! Especially with the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal mask–there is a reason so many people are always raving about it!! :D

14. Rocaille February 2, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

Your routine sounds amazing and quite complex, to be honest! I’ve got a couple things by REN stashed away that I’m waiting to try, hopefully they’re as good as everyone makes them sound! I really like your recipe for a homemade mask, oats are so soothing!

• becca February 3, 2013 at 1:05 am #

Ooh please tell me you have the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask?? It’s as amazing as everyone says–I swear!! :D Oh and I LOVE the oatmeal and honey mask. I swear I used it a couple of nights ago and my skin was *insanely* soft for the next few days. So easy yet amazingly effective! :)

15. Jennifer February 3, 2013 at 1:50 am #

great post! I love reading skincare routines of others :) I”d love to do posts like these but my skin just broke out badly last year and is still in recovery!

• becca February 3, 2013 at 3:03 am #

Any favorite products that helped you get over your breakouts, Jennifer? I have VERY acne-prone skin, so I am always breaking out too and looking for new ways to keep it under control :P Epiduo is good but I just ran out of insurance and the cost w/out is just too high for me at the moment :/

16. Joyce (bronzerbunny) February 4, 2013 at 4:24 am #

awesome! i have the lemon cuticle butter, and i never thought to apply serum to my hands… but what a good idea! :) i’ll have to come back to all these goodies when i try to put together a calming/pamper routine! :)

• becca February 4, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

I think that’d be a great idea, Joyce. I’d be curious to see what you put together

17. Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) February 4, 2013 at 10:43 am #

Firstly, Becca, your photos are great! They look like promo images! I don’t get excited about skincare like I do with makeup, but my routine is still really product-heavy. I love my Clarisonic too… I was skeptical at first but after two years, I’m still using it daily. The color of yours is soooo pretty. I like that Jack Black balm a lot too, and Rapidlash was pretty much a miracle for my lashes. I’ll have to check out that Burt’s Bees cuticle balm… I’ve used a Sally Hansen one for a while, but I’m nearly out.

• becca February 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

aw youre too sweet, Catherine–thank you! And I actually don’t use my Clarisonic very much anymore. I just have too many other exfoliating products that I like to use also so it doesn’t get very much use since I rotate between all of them. But it is nice…though I will say that I find a muslin cloth delivers almost exactly the same results :/ haha still it’s convenient now that I actually have it! Oh, and definitely try the Burt’s Bees–it’s really nice and it works well as a lip balm too! :D

18. Tina @ My Highest Self February 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

You have me beat with # of products and I thought I did a lot! I’m curious about the face mist, I’ll have to check that out.

• becca February 6, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Haha yeah I have a LOT of skincare products. I am still trying to trim the routine down just a bit and experiment with new products but overall, I find this kind of routine suits my skin pretty well! And yes, definitely check out the face mist–it’s awesome! :D

19. BooBooNinja February 10, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

I love me a good skin care routine post. Thanks for sharing, Becca!

• becca February 10, 2013 at 10:45 pm #

Of course–thanks for reading! :D

I love skincare posts too–there’s nothing like nosing into someones makeup or skincare routine :P haha

20. Toya April 9, 2013 at 8:42 am #

How did I miss this amazing post Becca??? WOW! You certainly have a serious routine going here, what I’d really like is to see the fruits of your hard work – you must have the BEST skin ever! Amazing! I feel like I am a slacker compared to you. My routine is fairly simple – splash with water followed by a swipe of Bioderma, plus Clinique’s Repairwear Laser Focus serum and sunscreen for the AM; in the PM, I take my makeup off with Clinique’s Take the Day Off balm, followed by a second cleanse with whatever I’ve got kicking around (right now I’m using up the last of my samples so I’m trying FAB’s cleanser – it’s nice!). Then I alternate between a retinol cream (Neutrogena) or a Vit A gel + Tarte’s Maracuja Oil. Oh, and eye creams both day and night. That’s about it! I need more treatments and antioxidants in my life!

• becca April 9, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

LOL I know it’s quite a routine, huh?! :P I actually wouldn’t really say that my skin is really amazing–since my skin is so troubled, I feel like it takes a lot of work for it to even look halfway decent. YOUR skin, on the other hand, is quite incredible! Thanks for sharing your routine, Toya! I STILL need to try Bioderma. I just love my Caudalie so much that I have trouble trying to try other things :P I really want to try the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water too, so that might be next on the list for me…THEN the Bioderma for sure!! :P Also really happy to hear that the maracuja oil works for you! I really wanted that one when it first came out but I was a little more scared of oils then. Now, I’m feeling much more adventurous :P