A Day in the Life…

21 Jan

Hello everyone! Just stopping by to say hi–I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had a lot of fun–spent all of Sunday baking cupcakes with my sister and mom and watching football. As you can see, my sister is quite talented when it comes to the whole decorating part. Me? Not so much (I tried to cover up my obvious lack of coordination with a pastry bag by overloading the cupcakes with a crapload of sprinkles/decorations. Did it work?? :P). Still, it was a lot of fun and the day was made even better after the Niners won the first game (wootwoot!!) and the Patriots lost the second game (take that, Brady!! Muahahaa!!). Superbowl 47, here we come!!! My sister and I have decided to bake some 49er cupcakes so I will post a picture when we do that…if they turn out, that is :P

Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous week! Also, a little reminder: my Hourglass Cosmetics giveaway ends on Tuesday at 11:59 PM PST, so if you haven’t entered yet, do it by clicking here. Talk to you all later–bye!!

♥Becca

29 Responses to “A Day in the Life…”

1. Sunny January 21, 2013 at 1:48 am #

Pretty cupcakes! I think you did a great job! I don’t know why I’ve never tried to bake cupcakes. They shouldn’t be TOO hard! Maybe I should get a whole bunch of decoration supplies and try ;)

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:05 am #

Aw thank you, Sunny–you’re too sweet!! :D

Cupcakes are so fun to make–especially the decorating part! And they’re really not hard at all–they make some really good mixes these days. Do you have a Williams-Sonoma there? It’s like foodie heaven there! They have some AMAZING red velvet cupcake mixes and really, really pretty sprinkles and sugar and other decorations! :D

2. Icaria January 21, 2013 at 4:40 am #

These look delicious! You’re lucky, my hockey team lost their first match of the season. :(

• becca January 21, 2013 at 4:55 am #

Thanks Icaria! And I’m sorry to hear about your team! :/ My team (the Chargers) actually were eliminated from the playoffs early on but the 49ers were my favorite childhood team so if the Chargers can’t make it, I’m so glad that at least my other team has a chance! :D

3. Lily @ChloeAsh January 21, 2013 at 4:44 am #

Oh I think they look amazing! I just made some banana chocolate cupcakes for the kids the other day, and they love it! I skipped the whole decorating part because a) I suck at it b) I don’t let the kids eat it c) I suck at it :-P

• becca January 21, 2013 at 4:56 am #

Mmm banana chocolate–that sounds SO good!! haha I guess I like decorating because it’s fun but it’s always a little discouraging to see how crappy mine are compared to my sister’s pristine, store-bought-quality cupcakes :P

4. Jennifer January 21, 2013 at 6:14 am #

Lovely delicious cupcakes!!! <3 red velvets! :)

Have been reading your blog for quite a while but this is my first time commenting ^_^

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

I love red velvet too!! :D I also love strawberry cupcakes–have you tried Sprinkles, Jennifer? Their strawberry cupcakes are the BEST!!

Oh, and I’m glad to finally talk to you! :D

5. Agata January 21, 2013 at 6:30 am #

Your cupcakes look pretty too!! And I know from experience that decorating is much harder than it looks. Have a great week Becca!

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

Aw thanks Agata! You have a great week too! :D

6. Tracy@Beauty Reflections January 21, 2013 at 8:57 am #

I think they look great! It’s all good when it gets to the tummy, right?
    YUMMMMmmmm

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:26 pm #

Haha very true, Tracy! It’s just always discouraging to compare them…if my sister hadn’t been there, I probably would’ve been quite proud of my work haha

7. Teri January 21, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Ooooh, these look super yummy! I think you succeeded, lol! Next time I will invite myself over there, eat all the cupcakes :p!

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

Haha you are welcome too, Teri! I actually wasn’t even craving cupcakes but it was just fun decorating them. I’ll leave the eating to you :P

8. Larie January 21, 2013 at 9:28 am #

YES! TAKE THAT, BRADY! Hahahaha. We’re having a party for the Super Bowl (well, just a little get-together), but we haven’t done anything until now.

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

YES!!! I love you SO much right now, Larie! hahaha :P

I think we decided to have just a little get-together too with the family. Going to do some finger foods, dip (of course), Niner cupcakes…the works!! :D You too?

9. Chris El January 21, 2013 at 9:57 am #

How fun! I love cupcakes and yours are adorable.

• becca January 21, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

lol thanks, Chris! :P

10. Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) January 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Haha OK both are a million times better than any cupcakes I’ve decorated ever turned out! Your sister’s look professionally done.. that is some serious skill!

• becca January 21, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

I know, right?! I told her the same thing. They seriously look store-bought. But she is good with shit like that–baking, decorating, arts & crafts…:P She’s a good susie-homemaker :P hahaaa. Ah well, at least I had fun! :P

11. Meryl @ Memoiselle January 22, 2013 at 6:14 am #

You did a very good job Becca! The decorations are neat and it looks very cute :D I am such a sweet tooth and I don’t dare to bake because I know I would finish the whole cakes and pastries if I baked LOL

• becca January 22, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

Hahaa thanks Meryl! I actually do too but I’ve found that because I’ve been baking with my sister and mom so much lately, there is just a sweetness-overload so I only ate a few of these ones that we baked the other day. Plus, they were mini size, so that helps too :P

12. Beauty Box January 22, 2013 at 8:23 am #

Your cupcakes are so girly and cute. I love cupcakes…they are my weakness, especially those that are decorated delicately and imaginatively. Red velvet is my fave…!

• becca January 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Yay! I love red velvet too! It was a lot of fun decorating them too but I don’t think I will be winning any awards soon :P haha

13. lola January 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

I am a huge cupcake fan, and I love yours! Being that I was born in the Bay Area– I will ALWAYS choose the 49ers no matter who they play (seriously, even if my husband was a football player on the opposing team- I’d still give all the love to the 49ers). Of course that last little bit assumes that he was actually a pro football player– which he is not-LOL!!! <3

• lola January 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

Oh, and Red Velvet is my ABSOLUTE favorite!

• becca January 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm #

LOL that is some serious dedication there–so glad you are a Niners fan, Helen!! :D I was born in the Bay Area too–well, Mountain View but lived in San Jose. So I totally grew up loving the Niners! I’ve been in SD for the majority of my life though so I definitely love my Chargers, but the Niners will always have a spot in my heart :)

14. Liz January 23, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

LOL! You are so cute. This is where we part ways because I don’t pay attention to sports at all, much less football. But I’ll totally eat any cupcakes you decide to bake me. ;)

• becca January 23, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

Whaaaa–no football? Hm…that’s ok–I still love you :) And YES, I will make you lots and LOTS of cupcakes, dear wifey!! They may not be the prettiest but you WILL love them! haha