The Lust List #3: Christmas Edition

16 Dec

It’s been a long time since I posted any of my lemmings in a Lust List, so I decided to do a Christmas edition!  Some of these items are from my ongoing wishlist posted in my “About Me” section (it’s always up-to-date so if you’re ever curious about what I’m lusting after at the moment, go take a peek!), and some are new. Please be sure to share your Christmas wishlist below–I’m curious to hear (and possibly get more ideas for my wishlist :P)

1. Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Pink Taupe and Plum Pink

Ugh–these palettes are truly stunning. I’ve been waiting for Burberry to release eye palettes and I couldn’t be happier now that they’re finally out. I think every single palette is totally flattering and contains timeless shades that everyone will love. When it comes to Burberry products, I tend to want to collect every single shade of every single product (except base products, of course), which has never happened with any other brand. What can I say? As someone who gravitates towards neutral, wearable shades that are immensely flattering and never go out of style (think Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier), Burberry is pretty much my ideal brand.

2. Kai Deodorant

Okay, you guys know that I am obsessed with white floral scents, right? Gardenia, tuberose, camellia, jasmine–I love it all! So when the spectacular Helen over at Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog did a review for it, I knew I had to have it. I stopped using antiperspirants a few months ago and have been using Lavanila’s Lavender and Vanilla Deodorant. I like it, but I definitely plan on upgrading to Kai’s version!

3. Chanel Poudre Signée de Chanel Illuminating Powder

I missed out on last year’s Lumière Sculptée and passed on Lumière d’Artifices (was disappointed when I swatched in-store) and Route des Indes de Chanel (a touch too gold for what I was looking for at the time), so I am not missing out on this one!! Based on the lovely swatches I’ve seen on Best Things in Beauty, I think this is it–the one I’ve been looking for! Described as a soft peach beige on Nordstrom’s site and as a “pastel rose-gold” by Best Things in Beauty, either one sounds gorgeous and is therefore fine with me! I was just trying to look for something a little beigy that wasn’t the typical white-gold or bronzy-gold I usually go for. Perfection in a compact? I think so!! :D

4. Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance SPF20

This was IN my basket during the VIB sale, but for some reason I decided at last minute to remove it. Now I’m just kicking myself–Ruth at A Model Recommends has been raving about this and I’ve heard good things from Musings of a Muse too. Yeah, I need to try this stuff!

5. Kevyn Aucoin The Eyeshadow Duo in 205 and 207

I bought one of Kevyn Aucoin’s 5-shadow palettes several months ago and I was so impressed with the formula, I knew I had to have more. They are honestly some of the softest, silkiest shadows I’ve ever laid brush on! Thankfully, I got a little distracted and never got around to it–which is a good thing because in the interim, the brand released some incredible-looking duos and now I can purchase several of those instead! Sunny from Mostly Sunny mentioned in a recent post that she prefers a strong duo to a palette. I have to say, I agree with her. Sometimes, I do feel a bit overwhelmed if I have too many choices in front of me, but a well-edited duo takes care of that. And most days I just use one or two shadows, tops, anyway–a medium shade as an allover wash and a lighter shade to highlight or blend or what have you. So I think these duos are right up my alley! Plus, they looks so gorgeous. #205 and #207 (and #206 and #210…) all look lovely and I can’t wait to make a stop at the counter so I can see them in person!

PS: be sure to enter my Essie Winter 2012 collection giveaway if you haven’t already! :D

41 Responses to “The Lust List #3: Christmas Edition”

1. Larie December 17, 2012 at 12:03 am #

Surprisingly, I don’t have a lot of makeup on my wishlist this year! There are a couple of things I’d like to have, but I haven’t even given those much thought. Which probably means I’ve bought too much makeup on my own… .__. I do agree that the Burberry palettes are VERY covetable, and the Kai deodorant sounds promising!

• becca December 17, 2012 at 12:08 am #

LOL really? Hmmm…what IS on your wishlist, Larie?! :P

• Larie December 17, 2012 at 12:40 am #

Boring stuff! Silpats for the oven, LOL, the Dark Knight Trilogy on DVD, gloves and socks…an earring holder, earmuffs, a board game…

• becca December 17, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Haha that is still awesome–especially the board game. Which one are you wanting? I LOOOOVE board games but can never find people to play with me :(

2. Sunny December 17, 2012 at 12:03 am #

Whoaaa I need that Chanel powder! Like you I haven’t been really compelled so far, but this one looks excessively lovely!

• becca December 17, 2012 at 12:09 am #

I KNOW–gorgeous huh?!! NEED NEED NEED!! :P

3. Taylor December 17, 2012 at 12:29 am #

Ooo lovely! I’ve been eyeing the same Burberry palette! It so beautiful. Kai perfume oil is my favorite summer fragrance, I’ve never grown tired of it. I hope Santa gets you everything! xo

• becca December 17, 2012 at 7:37 am #

Oooh you’ve tried the Kai perfume oil?!! I was super curious about that one too. Ahhh another item to add to the list :P

4. Chris December 17, 2012 at 1:22 am #

I wish you hadn’t shown this because now I’m lusting over that Chanel powder!! P.S. I think Buberry Pink Taupe would look lovely on you!

• becca December 17, 2012 at 7:40 am #

LOL isn’t it just lovely? Ahh I can’t wait to get it! I haven’t even swatched it yet :P Probably Tues or Wed when I have time :)

5. Meryl @ Memoiselle December 17, 2012 at 1:26 am #

Seems like everyone in the blogosphere & Instagram (please make an instagram acc Becca! :) You’ll going to love it! ) is going crazy about the Chanel illuminating powder. I am very curious about that powder too but thankfully I’m not lusting over that powder ;) (I hope I’ll stay the same till the product hit Singapore stores :p)

I also want to try that Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow and that Burberry Eye Palette! Ahh I am really lusting over Kevyn Aucoin products LOL..

• becca December 17, 2012 at 7:43 am #

LOL–I WOULD create an account but I don’t have an iPhone :/ In fact, my phone is a piece of crap blackberry knock-off that I got with my plan :P I do have plans to upgrade my phone in the coming months though so we’ll see ;)

And you NEED to try Kevyn Aucoin, Meryl! The powders are extraordinary!

• Meryl @ Memoiselle December 18, 2012 at 9:50 am #

and you know what..
        reading your blog makes me wants Kevyn Aucoin even more!! You have posted to many KA products that looks drool worthy! ;)

6. Joyce (bronzerbunny) December 17, 2012 at 3:39 am #

ooo i hope you get some of these for Christmas! hehe. I’ll have to go check out your other wishlist items too. I have the burberry pink taupe palette and i’m going through another one of those things where I can’t use it bc it is too pretty lol.

• becca December 17, 2012 at 7:44 am #

Haha I ALWAYS get like that with Burberry powders! :P And I’m SO jealous that you have Pink Taupe! Ugh!! haha I definitely plan on getting it but I have to finish my Christmas shopping first. Poo.

7. Toya December 17, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

I had convinced myself I didn’t need that Chanel illuminator, but I just saw some more swatches and ooph, I’m probably going to *need* to buy it lol. I also love the Burberry palettes, and I looked up Plum Pink – gorgeous! It’s on my wishlist now! Otherwise, things on my list are all practical – I need a black eyeliner, new loose powder…snooze. I also desperately want some Hakuhodo brushes! :)

• becca December 17, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

I know, the highlighter is just plain beautiful–who could resist?!! And Plum Pink (and Pink Taupe)–I want them so bad, it hurts, but I have to finish Christmas shopping before I can even think about buying anything for myself :P

8. Icaria December 17, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

That Burberry quad is dreamy!

• becca December 17, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

Isn’t it?! *sigh*
      :P

9. Claire December 17, 2012 at 10:21 pm #

Actually, I am also interested in the Burberry palettes, I heard so many bad things and so few good – I have to try those palettes myself. Swatches also differ (it’s like with those Guerlain blushes, mine is ok and pigmented but others seem to have no pigmentation at all). I also wanted to try the Givenchy foundation, I prefer a dewy look most of the time but lately I feel quite comfortable in a satin finish, weird, because it’s winter and my skin is a bit more dry. Tbh, I can’t wait for the spring collection to come out, all the pinks and pastels + new nail polishes and that Chanel blush! … :D

• becca December 17, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

Really?? I haven’t heard any bad things about the Burberry palettes! I will be sorely disappointed if that’s the case because in my eyes, Burberry can do no wrong. Illusion=shattered! :P

Also, I have heard the Givenchy foundation is great for controlling oil, but leaves a nice, semi-matte finish–which is what I look for in a foundation but is sooooooo hard to find! I really like a natural finish!

And I realized AFTER I posted this that I forgot to include the Chanel Frivole blush too! I am OBSESSED with it–it’s soooo pretty and just the kind of warm apricot I’ve been looking for! So excited about this one! :D Do you think you will be getting it??

• Claire December 20, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Have you seen the swatches of frivole?? GORGEOUS! I need this blush, so pretty! Yes, I read that the Burberry palettes aren’t as soft and pigmented but then on other blogs they are … I have to check them out in person and see, I love Burberry beauty products, they haven’t disappointed me. I am afraid the G. foundation will be too dark but I hope it gives me the finish I like now (mixed with my RBR highlighter).

• becca December 20, 2012 at 9:32 am #

I’ve seen a couple online and so far, TRUE LOVE!! :D It’s just the kinda of warm shade I like to wear to brighten up my cheeks!

I have heard once or twice that the Burberry palette shadows aren’t as soft as the singles, but still–it’s probably 50 times softer than most shadows out there :P

10. fairytalesandcoffee December 18, 2012 at 12:45 am #

Love it! I am also lemming after the Givenchy mat foundation in Honey. It is an awesome golden olive color. I haven’t purchased it yet…I have way to many foundation bottles and want to get through some before I buy the Givenchy, but I do have a sample I have been using after the gym. Lovely, lovely. The full size packaging though is not ideal as it creates a liquid mess if you are not careful, even though it does look cool. I will be doing a post on olive undertone foundations probably to be posted in January and this will be featured. As far as my wishlist, it is more for mid 2013: Ren rose serum, Glamglow mud mask, Jouer Tint in peony, Stila HD foundation in Buff, Givenchy Mat foundation in Honey, Atelier Cologne in Boise Blonde, Trefle Pur, or Vetiver Fatal (just one), Elias Faas foundation, Amore Pacific facial mist, and Ren’s cleansing balm.

• becca December 18, 2012 at 12:59 am #

Nice wishlist!! I can tell you really love foundations! :P Until fairly recently, I had never been too interested in them–if I found one I liked, I would stick with it and didn’t really see a need for others. Now, I have several different ones and I see why one needs to own more than 1–skin changes day to day and sometimes you feel like wearing a different finish. Love having choices now! :D

I have heard that the packaging for the Givenchy foundation kinda sucks, but I guess if the product itself is amazing, it’s something I can bear with! Does it control oil fairly well, in your opinion? I know you have oily skin like me, so if it works for you, I will DEFINITELY get it!

11. fairytalesandcoffee December 18, 2012 at 1:11 am #

It wears awesomely on my super oily skin. However, is this truly mattifying on my skin – NO. does it minimize oilyness, shine – YES. After several hours of use your skin will glow as opposed to shine. It is not truly matte long term for super oily skin but it wears beautifully and minimizes oiliness to a sheen. I wasn’t a foundation person until my skin got recked….skincare and blush were so much simpler without a foundation underneath. But I adjusted and now I truly love foundations because the shade selections have gotten SO MUCH BETTER providing more shade matches in between skintones.

12. fairytalesandcoffee December 18, 2012 at 1:14 am #

Oh, and the texture truly is like skin-finish thin – similar to Urban Decay Naked but a teeny bit thicker but it doesn’t “lift” when piled on top of other serums/creams. I really dig it but it can wait. However, this is already on the repurchase list, and I haven’t even purchased it for the first time.

• becca December 18, 2012 at 1:20 am #

Oooh I’m SO excited about this now! It sounds perfect to me! I don’t like matte foundations–never have. I much prefer a natural, semi-matte finish but it’s SO hard to find a foundation that stays that way for longer than 1 1/2-2 hours on my skin. :/ This sounds fantastic and is definitely going to be mine, now. Thanks hon!

13. Beauty Box December 18, 2012 at 3:51 am #

Oh yeah….that Burberry quad would make any beauty fanatic lusty lol! For beauty things on my Xmas list…it would have to be something from Chanel. I think another eye shadow quad is in the works for me. I would love to try Tom Ford or Burberry but I would prefer to get these brands in the US. I’m heading to Sydney for Xmas and I’m always shocked at how expensive cosmetics/skincare/perfume can be there…they mark the prices up like crazy…I once bought a Jo Malone perfume and it was literally twice as expensive than in the US.

• becca December 18, 2012 at 3:58 am #

Tom Ford blushes are still on my to-buy list, too! And definitely the new Chanel Frivole blush for Spring 2013 too. Are you checking out the new Chanel shadows–and if so, which one? :D

I can never believe the crazy mark-up in Australia for cosmetics–it’s insane!! It’s really not fair :/

14. lola December 18, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

What a lovely wish list, Becca!! THanks for the shoutout on the Kai deodorant– BEST STUFF EVER. I love everything that I have from Kai- and will definitely repurchase everything! Now you have me wanting that Burberry quad and the Chanel Illuminating Powder! <3

• becca December 18, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

Of course, Helen! You really made me want that Kai stuff SO bad–the Perfume Oil too!!

And in all seriousness, it is taking every ounce of strength for me not to go out and splurge on the Chanel Spring 2013 collection. Every single item is just pure deliciousness–especially the blush and highlighter (…and eyeshadow quad)–but I still have some presents to buy so I will have to keep being good and hold out a bit longer :P ITS KILLING ME!!

15. Lily December 19, 2012 at 1:25 am #

I saw the Burberry palettes when I was in Singapore, and it’s probably due to the worn samples they had on display, but they all looked unappealing -_-”. However, the singles are gorgeous! I haven’t bought anything Burberry, but I have my eyes on Midnight Brown and Mulberry…
    I also want to try Kai products. Been reading lots about it. I’m a bit ‘meh’ when it comes to Chanel though. Might be the uninformed SAs here.

• becca December 19, 2012 at 1:48 am #

Really?? Aw that’s too bad. I am a HUGE fan of really understated, neutral shades though so they looked really exciting to me–I just hope they swatch that way (which I’m sure they will because c’mon–it’s Burberry!! :P). The Mulberry and Midnight Brown singles are definitely on my list too (along with Rosewood and Pale Barley).

As far as Chanel, I was never really excited by their collections either until very recently. Even then, it’s usually only their cheek colors and highlighters that get me going–some of their shadows/quads seem pretty but I’ve never truly fallen in love with any of them (hence the reason I haven’t purchased any of them yet).

16. Makeup Morsels December 19, 2012 at 7:06 am #

Oh, you are GOOD at creating lemmings. I now want everything on this list too hahahah. Especially that Chanel powder. Swoon.

17. Makeup Morsels December 19, 2012 at 7:07 am #

Oh, right, and my Christmas wish list! A cast iron skillet from Target :) So I can make steak hahaha

• becca December 19, 2012 at 7:44 am #

Swoon is right!! How could anyone possibly resist THAT beauty?!! :P

and you are too cute–everyone needs a good cast iron skillet!! :D

18. Liz December 21, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

I want to make one of these posts, too! So many lemmings – gotta keep them all in track!

YOU are responsible for any Kevin Aucoin lemming, my dearest. The Burberry palettes are also mighty appealing as well. It’s actually really hard to narrow down the lust list to just five items. Great job! ;)

• becca December 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

Hahaha isn’t Kevyn Aucoin the best? I just discovered The Candlelight Kit at b-glowing.com and I NEED it! It comes with a friggin full-sized LE #8 shadow palette, Candlelight highlighting powder, candle, and 2 eyeliners. It’s MADNESS I tell you!!! :P

Thanks wifey!! <3

19. Inmyprettyshoes December 28, 2012 at 12:44 am #

I bought the Burberry palette this weekend in London and it’s truely amazing!

• becca December 28, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Oooh which one did you get?? I’m SO jealous right now!! I was going to use the gift cards I got for Christmas to pick them up but then I was bewitched by the Chanel Spring 2013 collection and just HAD to purchase a couple of pieces :P Ah well…all in due time, I suppose!