Sephora VIB Haul!

14 Nov

Hi guys!!  Just a quick post to show you guys some of the goodies I picked up at Sephora’s VIB sale this year. Most of them are just staples in my routine that I had to repurchase but I did manage to fit in a few “fun” items, too! :D

(Wonky) clockwise from left:

•Ole Henriksen’s African Red Tea Face Mist: I love this stuff! Since I mainly just use a face spray to dampen my skin before applying a serum, I tried using a mineral water spray instead but noticed the difference immediately. The African Red Tea Face Mist makes my skin so much brighter and plumper!

•Caudalie Vinosource Crème Sorbet Hydratante: this is a new one for me–my skin’s been quite dry due to the weather and I needed a nightly moisturizer, so the obvious choice for me was Caudalie. I love their stuff–haven’t ever met a one that I didn’t fall madly in love with!

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance SerumI’ve been using this for quite a while. I got curious once and switched it up with another serum but ultimately came back to it. There’s nothing else like it!

•Becca Ultimate Eye Colour Quad in Astro Violet: very curious about this one. It’s a little darker than I had expected it to be but still have high hopes for it

•Becca Mineral Blush in Sweetpea: sooo gorgeous–can’t wait to test it out tomorrow!

•Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 23L: I bought this to use along my lower waterline to brighten and as an inner corner highlight. I love the other 2 shades I own (0L and 5L) so I’m sure I’ll love this–I just hope it works well to brighten

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Black Tea & Blackberry: do I need to explain? This is the best lip balm ever. Period.

•Boscia Pink Peppermint Blotting Linens: this was a last minute decision. My usual Clean & Clear ones are about $8 or so for 50–these were $5 for 100, so I went for it. Plus, I know they’re my wifey’s favorite, so I just had to try for myself! :D

•Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: I had been scraping by (literally) with my old tube for weeks so I could get it during the sale. Can’t ever be without it!

•Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: I have tried pretty much all the others and love them but was always scared of how dark this one looked in the tube. When I saw the lovely Emi at Project Swatch‘s review of it and realized how sheer it was, I knew I had to have it. Perfect for fall, no?

•Mini Becca Beach Tint Duo in Watermelon and Fig: thanks to Joyce for the heads up. These are so awesome–I can’t believe I never tried these. I definitely plan on collecting them all now (oh how I wish I were joking…)

•Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow: I use this as a liner. It is literally the only thing I’ve ever tried that doesn’t budge from my eyes/waterline all. day.

And there you have it! Reviews for most of the products will be trickling in over the next few weeks, I’m sure. So, what about you guys? Did you shop the sale at all?? If you did, share you hauls with me below in the comments–I love hearing about what other people buy! (I’m so nosy!) :P

52 Responses to “Sephora VIB Haul!”

1. Lily November 14, 2012 at 2:32 am #

Great huge haul!! :-D
    Wish Sephora is more accessible in this country :-(

• becca November 14, 2012 at 2:37 am #

Aww I wish so too! You’re in Malaysia, right Lily?? I thought you guys had Sephora there or Sephora shipped there??

2. fairytalesandcoffee November 14, 2012 at 3:04 am #

OOOOOOh, so shiny, colorful and new….makes me soooo happpy to look at it. As long as other bloggers post hauls, perhaps that’ll satisfy my lemming. Can’t wait to see your particular reviews. Sadly, I too indulged with both Beauty/Sephora F&F! I am banning myself for a while.

• becca November 14, 2012 at 3:37 am #

Haha I know I love just looking at the new, pretty boxes! :P But I’m curious to hear what you got during the FF sales! Anything good??

3. fairytalesandcoffee November 14, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Picked up two brushes, eyeshadow/ blush (MUF), lipsticks (NARS) and a lip/cheek rouge from EB! Restocked Shiseido lotion. New Becca foundation. Picked up H20 skincare from beauty.com. :) They’ll show up in blog post eventually! I am pleased! But I am DONE till Spring of 2013!!!

• becca November 14, 2012 at 5:40 am #

Hahahaa we’ll see about that!! ;)

I’m excited to see your review on the Becca foundation–very, very curious about that one! Also the EB lip/cheek rouge. I have only tried the Quad Royale but am eager to try more from the brand!

4. Sunny November 14, 2012 at 7:12 am #

I can’t choose between hyperventilating and fainting for the moment: SO MUCH PRETTINESS!!! Can’t wait to hear what you have to say about all of them! I’m a big fan of both Caudalie products myself :)

• becca November 14, 2012 at 8:09 am #

LOL! Glad to hear you like the Creme Sorbet–I was a tiny bit worried that it wasn’t oil-free but so far so good and I trust Caudalie. None of their products have ever broken me out and they’re ALL so amazing! It seems like the brand has been getting a lot of love lately–I’m glad! :D

5. Ena November 14, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Hi!
    First off, let me say I love your blog. (discovered it via a comment you left on Delicate Hummingbird (oh, how I miss her…))
    But I wanna mention one thing that has bothered me before: I wish you had a navigation bar. I’d love to read older posts.
    I really struck me today, because I was reading the reviews you linked here.
    While I LOVE the clean design of your blog, I wanna read and re-read all of posts!
    Hope you don’t mind!

• becca November 14, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Ena–

Thank you so much for your comment! And I don’t mind at all–I love getting input from readers! :D As far as the nav bar goes, I have been working on a redesign of the site so that will hopefully all be updated soon! i was hoping to get it up by my 1-year “blogaversary” coming up in Dec. but I’m not sure it will happen by then anymore :/. But regardless, it WILL happen and I will take your comment into account when updating it! Oh, and I do still have something special planned during Dec. so stayed tuned! ;)

Oh, and I miss reading up on my Delicate Hummingbird too–she has the most fantastic taste in blush, don’t you think? SOOO lust-worthy!! :P

Thanks again, Ena! Hope you’re having a lovely week so far!

• Ena November 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

Becca, thanks so much for your answer! It’s another thing I really appreciate about your blog: You always answer to the comments.
        Usually I don’t read the comments, but here it is interesting to see what people write and what you answer.

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:32 am #

Aw thank you for your sweet comment! I do try to answer every single one–not because I have to but because for me, one of the best things about blogging is getting to connect with people who share the same interests! :) Hope to talk to you again soon, Ena!!

6. Rei November 14, 2012 at 11:47 am #

Amazing haul! I have a big fan of becca makeups and their beach tints are my HG tints :-) What love to read your review about it!

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:42 am #

Aw thanks Rei!! Which are your favorite tints?? I am so impressed with them so far (though slightly disappointed, as Fig was the one I was most excited about and it hardly showed up at all on my skin :/) and can’t wait to test the Mineral Blush and Eye Quad too!

7. Mira November 14, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Now I wanna have that Jack Black lip balm too <3

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:40 am #

Oh you really must, Mira!! It’s honestly the best I’ve tried. It’s thick and moisturizing but not heavy or sticky in the slightest–plus they have high SPF (important when you are prone to lip freckles like I am :P) and they smell so darn amazing! Black Tea & Blackberry and Grapefruit & Ginger are my favorites if you need some suggestions ;)

8. OPI Addict November 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Great haul! :) I got the Caudalie beauty elixir, YSL glossy stain in #16, Stila in the Moment palette, REN AHA concentrate, Laura Mercier caviar stick, and an Ojon spray :)

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:39 am #

Oooh nice haul! I LOVE the Beauty Elixer, though I don’t really use it this time of year since it does contain alcohol :/ Still it’s lovely and one of the most refreshing and luxurious facial mists I’ve tried! Also, is the REN AHA a repurchase or new buy for you? I’ve been super curious about that for a while and would love to hear your thoughts on it! :D

9. Emi at Project Swatch November 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Great choices! I was tempted by the Beach Tint duo as well, but thought Fig might not show up on me. And Liz inspired me to pick up the same blotting linens – even though I rarely use them, I’m only slightly oily when it’s 90 degrees out :)

• Emi at Project Swatch November 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Though to be fair, it’s been 90 degrees out for MONTHS AND MONTHS this year.

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:30 am #

I know–it was a HOT year, huh? Even yesterday was pretty hot during the day even though at night was freezing cold! And you are probably right about Fig (though your skin tone is a bit lighter than mine)–I was disappointed that it hardly seemed to show on my cheeks. I could tell slightly but I’m sure to everyone else, it looks like I have nothing. It’s a shame because it was the color I wanted to try most :/

10. Larie November 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

I like the Boscia blotting sheets too, and I always buy them in the winter when they’re $5 instead of their normal $10 ;) I picked up a pack this year, too.

I also picked up some other things from the sale, but I’m just not in the mood for a haul post, haha. My reviews will probably just trickle in, instead.

• becca November 15, 2012 at 1:28 am #

Oh I didn’t realize the Boscia linens were usually $10–I better go pick up a few more, in that case! :P Can’t wait to see some of the things you picked up!

11. Taylor November 15, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Gorgeous gorgeous! I can’t wait to see your reviews. Especially on Sweetpea! I have had my eye on that. Yum Fresh Sugar Plum! So delicious :-)

• becca November 15, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

I know–I’m most excited for Sweetpea too! I HAD planned on finishing up with the pictures today, but of course when I woke up, it was completely cloudy :*( Grrr….

12. lola November 16, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

What fantastic choices you made, Becca!! Seeing your stash is really making me wish that I had picked up a few more things from the V.I.B. sale!!!!!!!!

• lola November 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

BTW, you really do need to get your hands on the Caudalie Divine Oil– you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

• becca November 16, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Oh I know it!! I was saying yesterday that I can’t believe I forgot to check it out during the sale–I was so focused on trying to get the SOS serum, Vinoperfect Serum, and Sorbet Creme that I completely forgot about the Divine Oil. But no matter–it WILL be mine!! :P

• lola November 17, 2012 at 12:29 am #

I know just what you mean– unless I have a list with me when I go– I always forget lots of things. It really is a sublime oil– and I really really love it. I wouldn’t say that I love it more than the Rodin Olio Lusso Body Oil, but equally and differently. My mood determines which one I reach for. There is something very soothing and comforting about the Divine Oil– I can’t wait for you to get your hands on a bottle– I want to hear your thoughts! Have a lovely weekend <3

• becca November 17, 2012 at 11:24 am #

WHY must you always do this to me, Helen?!? I totally forgot about the Olio Lusso too–now I’m thinking I REALLY want to buy both, but I shouldn’t even really buy 1 since I did go over budget during this sale :/ But of course, it’s just this one time…right?! :P

13. Catherine (@bcrueltyfree) November 16, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

I can’t wait to see your reviews of the Becca products! I’m so curious about that brand and everything I’ve seen from them just looks so pretty. I managed to keep my order to just the basics, restocking my MUFE Duo Mat powder and HD foundation (haha because in my world a $42 foundation apparently qualifies as “just the basics”…..)

• becca November 17, 2012 at 12:04 am #

LOL! I definitely do think that foundation–no matter how pricey–is a basic though because it’s the most important step in a makeup routine (at least in my opinion). I’d rather my skin looked amazing then my eyeshadow any day of the week, and sometimes you have to pay more to get that kind of skin. But it’s well worth it to me!

May I ask what kind of skin type you have, Catherine? I’ve always been curious about the HD foundation, but I have very oily skin and have heard that the HD foundation isn’t the best choice for that skin type. But as you also purchased the Duo Mat powder, I’m wondering if you have similar skin and the HD foundation works for you as long as you set it w/a good powder?

14. Dovey November 17, 2012 at 2:03 am #

I love how practical your selection is! Though… I do see a couple fun items, like the BECCAs and MUFE :). I’m realizing that I should have gotten a NARS smudgeproof primer now after seeing post; mine still has some life left, but I’ll need one soon.

• becca November 17, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Isn’t the Nars primer the best? I love it! I really realized how important it is in my routine when I was almost out and started trying to use my Bobbi Brown cream shadows as primers. :P I will never be without this stuff again! I’ve used the UD primer before (the little one that comes with the Naked palette) and I liked it, but I don’t remember if I like it more than my Nars–I just know the Nars works so I keep buying it :)

15. Memoiselle November 17, 2012 at 3:04 am #

OMGGG droolssss!!! You bought so many products that’s on my wish list!! I want Becca beach tint so baddd! All the reviews I read are positive! The Nars smudge proof is really good. Some days I would use my UD primer potion and on some days I would pick my nars! They are both very good. I am curious to hear what you think of Becca eyeshadow quad :)

• becca November 17, 2012 at 11:36 am #

The Beach Tints are sooo nice–you really have to try them! I can’t believe it took me so long to and now, I’m really regretting not getting the full-sized ones during the sale. Ah well, these minis are cute and will last a while, anyway!

• Memoiselle November 18, 2012 at 2:35 am #

Yes dearie.. What color would you suggest? Is watermelon would be too red?

• becca November 18, 2012 at 5:43 am #

No not at all–Watermelon is a super pretty bright pink. It looks brighter in the tube but once blended, it’s pretty sheer and looks SUPER natural. I think it would look great on you! :D Fig is the only other mini I have and that one is honestly so sheer, only the palest of the pale will be able to get the most visible results :/

16. Beauty Box November 17, 2012 at 3:40 am #

Awesome haul indeed…. Love your picks. I got the VIB emailer as well but am on a beauty buy ban for a month so for the sake of my experiment, I skipped this amazing sale. Le sigh… I will drool vicariously through your post instead haha…

• becca November 17, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Oh yeah I remember you were doing that! Sounds like it’s going well so far–impressive! There is no way I could have passed up the sale! :P I did spend a decent amount of money but I am consoled by the fact that most of them were staples in my routine that needed to be bought anyway. :)

17. Liz November 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

NICE HAUL, WIFEY!! Thanks for the shout-out – I hope you like the blotting sheets! =)

This is such a nice lineup of products. I can tell there was a lot of thought put into this. I’m actually really embarrassed about how crazy I got this month with all the discounts and deals that I might not do one big haul post like usual. BUT I will show you guys eventually!!

Enjoy your goodies!!! =D

• becca November 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Of course, dear wifey! :D

And now, just because you said it, I really wish you WOULD do a gigantuous haul post so we can all see the damage :P Can’t wait to see all your reviews though!

18. Chris El November 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

MUFE 23L is the perfect champagne color and I love it for brightening my eyes. I picked up the Becca beach tints too while waiting in line and absolutely adore them! I don’t know why I didn’t know about these blush beauties before. :)

• becca November 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

So glad to hear 23L is good for brightening–can’t wait to start using it! And aren’t the Beach Tints fabulous?! I have been wanting to try them for a long time, but I kept putting it off because if I can, I like to buy from somewhere like Sephora or Nordstrom with an excellent return policy just in case. So when Becca was finally made available at Sephora again, I took the plunge. Yeah, definitely wish I had bought them sooner!

• Chris El November 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

I feel the same way about Sephora’s and Nordstrom’s awesome return policies aka insurance. What do you think about the peppermint Boscia linens? I love the green tea version but wasn’t sure if the peppermint would irritate my sensitive skin.

• becca November 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm #

So far so good with the blotting linens. I don’t think the Pink Peppermint will be irritating at all for sensitive skin–they don’t dry out the skin at all. I like them! They’re nice and refreshing and each sheet is bigger than my usual go-to sheets, the Clean&Clear ones. I’m really curious about the Green Tea ones though–I love any kind of skincare with green tea in it (though I’m sure antioxidants in something like a blotting sheet don’t do much…)

19. Christine@BrazenBeauty November 18, 2012 at 6:15 am #

GREAT haul. I was so broke during the VIB sale, such a bummer. I’m going to save up for next year. That Caudalie serum is going on my list of things to try!

• becca November 18, 2012 at 7:31 am #

Aw boo–that sucks! Well, there’s always next time! And YES–you need to make the Caudalie serum yours ASAP!! It’s the best serum I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried quite a few in my day :P

20. Toya November 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

SWEET haul, Becca! I sadly missed the VIB sale altogether – I was home but just not in the mindframe to get my butt shopping, unfortunately! Ah well, till next time I guess! Looks like you’re going to have some fun over the next little while… :)

• becca November 21, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Aw that’s too bad, Toya, but you’re right–there’s ALWAYS a next time! :D

21. Joyce (bronzerbunny) November 26, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

i know i’m soooo behind! I’m so glad you got all these goodies! I love nars primer too. obsessed, except i always feel like it expires at the rate of mascara :/ thanks again for the shout out, and I hope you’re enjoying the beach tints and everything else! :)

• becca November 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

lol–totally okay Joyce! :D

And I’ve never noticed my Nars primers to expire–and one tube usually lasts me about 3 months or so with daily use. Did this happen with just one tube, cuz maybe it was just an old one??