The Friday Mixer

29 Jun

"Is it Friday yet?"

….aaaand it’s friday! Yay! The week is thankfully at an end, so let’s celebrate by having a little mixer–it’s the Friday Mixer!

1. Any exciting purchases this week?

A mini CVS, French pharmacy-style haul, with goods from La Roche-Posay, Lierac, and Vichy. Also nabbed a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (finally going to try everyone’s favorite tinted moisturizer!) and a couple of bareMinerals Ready shadow duos (so excited to share these with you guys! I didn’t get any of the newly-released colors though–sorry! I didn’t see them at my nearest Sephora for some reason)

2. Any new items on your wishlist?

For time’s sake, I’ll just list these 5 items–but just know that there are many, many, many (many) more items on this list: Chanel Lumiere D’Artifices Beiges Illuminating Powder and Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzer in Sable Rose (STILL haven’t gotten this yet. Whyyy must I torture myself so?!?), Dior’s new 5 Couleurs Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette in 308 Khaki Design, Illamasqua’s new Naked Rose blush, and Bobbi Brown’s new Powder Bronzer & Blush Duo in Pink Peony/Bahama Brown

Hm…that’s a lot of cheek products. I really need to stop neglecting my lip products and eyeshadows! :P

3. Plans this weekend?

Just hanging out, working on the blog, and setting up my new beauty closet (more on that later). Should be fun!

4.If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

New Zealand. I’ve always wanted to go–and not just because I want to run around pretending like I’m a hobbit on an epic quest to save Middle Earth, because that would just be totally weird…right?

5. Do you have a newly discovered beauty must-have that you just have to share with us?

The bareMinerals Ready shadows. I’m probably the last person on earth to try these–but on the off chance that I’m not, I’m telling you now: try them! They are seriously amazing. Life-changing, even.

Be sure to post your own answers in the comments so I can read them! Enjoy your weekend!

20 Responses to “The Friday Mixer”

1. Vonvon June 30, 2012 at 1:52 am #

Which Ready duos did you get, Becca?

I have The Vision and The Grand Finale.

• becca June 30, 2012 at 9:27 am #

I got The Scenic Route and The Inspiration! I’m so in love so far–should have the first review up in a day or two. I’m impressed with the 2 you got! They’re so bold and bright! I usually don’t go for such bright colors–especially blues–but The Vision looks beautiful!

• Vonvon July 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

I like The Scenic Route. An ad for the new eyeshadows features the model wearing it and the eye makeup was gorgeous. On my wish list.

The Inspiration is a very ‘safe’ color, I’d say, for me at least. I used to wear a lot of pink and purple when I was younger. Still loving this combo, but rarely wear it nowadays.

• becca July 2, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Lol, it definitely is safer than many of the other shades that bareMinerals offers, I admit. I love the look of bright, bold eyeshadows, but I don’t feel like it personally suits me–so yes, I usually do end up with the safer shades from collections :P It’s still beautifully done though. Trying to work up the courage to try The Vision–I’ve been looking at swatches online since you said you had it and I am loving it!

2. Tracy@Beauty Reflections June 30, 2012 at 3:11 am #

1. Oooh-you got some great stuff there. I was at a real live Burberry counter in SF, so yeah, I did a bit of hauling. :)
    2. Not really anything on a wish list yet-I see that some Fall launches are starting though!
    3. Plans to SLEEP. I got really sick in SF-the flu- so I am exhausted.
    4.London. Or Paris. Or Disneyland.
    5. Oh yeah. But I’ll share that one later. ;)

• becca June 30, 2012 at 9:29 am #

you got the flu while on vacation?!? Bummer! Aww I’m sorry Tracy–I hope you had fun anyway and definitely feel better!

I was wondering if you were going to stop by the Burberry counter while in SF–didn’t know what area you were going to be in but I knew you would probably make it happen no matter what :P lol can’t wait to see what you got!

3. Popblush June 30, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Oh gawsh, is that your doggie???? SOOO CUTE~!!!

My wishlist is just getting ridiculously long.. I am almost wanting to try everything that looks good on beauty blogs/youtube, hehe.

How I love Fridays………. Weekends are too short though :(

• becca June 30, 2012 at 10:58 am #

lol yep! That’s my little muffin-poo and my best friend in the world! She’ll be so pleased when I tell her she’s getting noticed on my blog for her looks! :P

I agree–weekends ARE too short and next week is going to be killer. ugh…

4. Larie June 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

Oops, it’s no longer Friday, but I’m going to play anyway!

1. Nope :) Well, I bought a single mp3 and some leg warmers, does that count? Hahaha.

2. Any new items? Hmmm. Some matte cream shadows! Like MAC Paint Pots or Bobbi Brown’s. Do you have a favorite?

3. Saturday AM Muay Thai (just got back!), Costco run, engagement photo session, wine tasting party :) Sunday: Relax!!!

4. France! Or maybe Scotland/Ireland.

5. Um, no, not that I can think of. Sorry :(

• becca June 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm #

LOL, yes leg warmers definitely count because…well, they’re leg warmers!! So awesome! :P

And wow, I didn’t know you were into Muay Thai Larie. How long have you been doing it? I’ve been thinking I really need to get into some kind of a class. I always do better working out with other people

And engagement photos–exciting! Have fun hon and I know they will turn out beautifully! I hope you post at least one so we all can see how gorgeous you look and how you did your makeup! :)

5. Caroline July 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

I keep hearing about this LRP sale at CVS! Sounds exciting!

• becca July 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm #

Hahaha yeah, but sad to say I’m not really impressed with any of the LRP things I got so far…I still have a little ways to go with testing (thought not as long as I normally would test a skincare product because 2 of the moisturizers I got were supposedly mattifying…yeah, I used the word “supposedly”. That can’t bode well for the product review….:P)

Have you tried anything from LRP? If so, what’s your favorite item?

6. Memoiselle July 2, 2012 at 12:18 am #

Becca, I can’t wait to see your post on Bare Mineral Duo Eyeshadow :) it must be great :)

• becca July 2, 2012 at 12:26 am #

Thanks hon! I am almost done with the review–first one should be up tomorrow. So excited! Have you tried any of these? They’re AMAZING!

7. Makeup Magpie July 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

1. A couple of the new shadow singles from Chanel’s Fall collection

2. I also want Illamasqua’s Naked Rose blush and Zygomatic cream blush, and Bobbi Brown’s Pink Peony/Bahama Brown duo!

3. A lot of rest & relaxation, movie watching and good food! :)

4. A private beach on Sanibel Island, Florida! Or to be more adventurous, the Seychelles, Bora Bora or Hawaii!

5. Kevin Aucoin’s Celestial Powder in Candelight – love the subtle glow!

• becca July 3, 2012 at 12:41 am #

I know, Naked Rose looks gorgeous doesn’t it? And I don’t own any items from Illamasqua yet, so I doubly need it! :P And Bobbi Brown’s new duo looks just amazing. Plus it’s Bobbi Brown, nuff said

8. svetlana August 3, 2012 at 4:10 am #

Who is the precious gorgeous baby?!

• becca August 3, 2012 at 8:22 am #

That’s my precious baby, Lady. Isn’t she cute?! :D haha

9. svetlana August 3, 2012 at 4:12 am #

p.s. my keihl’s coconut or cranberry lip balm and NARS smudge proof shadow base (not much eyelid space on my eyes).

• becca August 3, 2012 at 8:23 am #

I LOVE Nars’ eye primer too–it’s so great! And trust me, I have very little lid space too, but Nars makes it all better :)